World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Right, last point on this and then I'm going to leave it because some people just won't be argued with.

I dont have a problem with PvP with my Warrior, I like the challenge and generally do ok. Once I get a few more epics I will undoubtedly do even better. I do not go around shouting about nerfing other classes, if they beat me its because they are a) better players B) a class that Warriors have trouble with anyway or a combination. This I accept.

The general consensus is that Warriors have been nerfed considerably over the last few patches (this comes from players other than Warriors too) and that we are a lot less effective than say before 1.6. Again, I accept this and carry on playing but its a fact that we have as a class been nerfed.

For Warriors who are already proficient at PvP the only way to advance is to get better (epic) equipment. I had a conversation with a lvl 60 Epic Warrior who now hits for less than he did three patches ago in Blue gear.

The guy who the quote was taken from is a lvl 14 (pvp) rank in Epics and even he seems to have problems lately with one-on-one, now maybe he should L2P but as he is fully Epicced and lvl 14 PvP surely he's reasonably efficient?

So, if hamstring was nerfed (which was what this was originally about) we would be made to suffer even more and would have even more of a disadvantage. I dont complain when I get rooted/immobilised or whatever, I just try to find other ways around it. Simple as that.

Juju, Frooooooost only has diminishing returns against other players, not PvE mobs. Think you're wrong on the damage done too. At L36 you get rank 5 ES, which does 225 to 239 damage. At 34 you get rank 2 FS which does 206 to 220 damage (talents may change these). Obviously you may end up killing the enemy before you notice diminishing returns kicking in, but as you level up, and battles last longer, mana conservation and choosing the right shocks becomes really important.

And to bring it back to a Baron run thread. I have just done another unsuccessful one.

No good drops at all. Ive cleaned out everything that i can use in there, except for the two things i was looking for on Baron run #1. Typical eh?

Anyway, i say no good drops. Thats only cos i wasnt a Priest. Baron drops:

Scepter of the Unholy. A kickass PvP mace for Shadowpriests.

Now as there had been some petty ninja looting on a couple of green items en route, i was Master Looter for the Baron fight.

Priest has epic staff, doesnt want the Mace. Goes to a greed roll. Druid rolls 77. I ask everyone if they are finished. I say Druid wins. Someone else says Druid wins. I open up masterlooter to give to Druid. Some dopy AFK **** rolls 91. Too late. Druid wins.

Lesson learned: Dont take ages to roll after everybody else has. You will lose. As its a greed item, it didnt matter. But id hate to do it on a need roll. Still, as far as im concerned, the rolling was closed when i gave to Druid.

Oh, and for Priest lovin:

Devout skirt

Priest had Epic armour. went to a need roll of clothies. Ill be **** if im rolling Need and wearing a Skirt. Mage didnt want either. Druid asked if he could have as he is Resto spec. He was only need roller.

And Corruptors Scourgestone

Of course: Druid rolls a win on that too. Must have been his lucky day!

Ill be doing another Baron tonight after work.

Let us not forget one of the bigger nerfs warriors received (the normalisation on weapons) didn't just affect your class. It affected all melee classes. We all got hit by it.

As for Mr Level 60 Warrior. The reason he now hits like he does is because anything he hit 3 patches ago died instantly.

Now for Mr Lvl 14. The Honour system in WoW does not and never has rewarded player skill, it rewards time spent in BGs. Your rank is no indication of your skill level in WoW. He is having problems because his class has been balanced and he refuses to lower his standards. He doesn't want to accept that he can no longer piss on things at will. This is the reason Warriors were dubbed "Rogues in plate".

No other class in the game ever became an unstoppable killing machine when they wore full Epics - Warriors on the other hand did. They had insane armour AND insane damage. One had to be pulled back to balance the situation and as such, they had their damage output attenuated as it would be backwards to nerf their armour.

This pissed all the warriors off as they now had to work for their kills.

This exact situation about warriors is the EXACT same situation with Rogues back in the earlier times of WoW. Rogues were unstopable killing machines and they were nerfed because of it. This pissed all the Rogues off as they refused to lower their standards as they didn't consider themselves overpowered to begin with despite the fact they **** well were. Fastforward to now and only the badly played arsehole rogues have a problem with their damage output because the rest of us have adapted and seen the light.

This is what will happen to Warriors too. Currently, your idea on balance is an imbalance to 8 other classes.

Here is my current build Dan.

It isn't an easy build to play and requires a lot more variation with how you approach different classes. However, the effort you put in to mastering it pays off in the end. No more relying on a stunlock combo and it also allows you to fight multiple opponents at once )with Blade Fury activated).

5 point evis on two opponents at once? Yes please...

Me and Dan just took part in the shittest group EVAH! Dan had to explain to the tank what "pulling" was, and the other shammy in the group didn't know what his spec was. Then after Dan had sapped a mob, the stoopid **** used chain lightning on him. We wiped twice in the first five mins, so decided to "leave them to it!"

That build is good for spoiling the fun of groups in Stranglethorn Vale too.

I came across a 36 Rogue, a 35 Priest and a 37 Hunter (with 37 bear) ganking Horde.

I killed them all, including the bear, in less than 6 seconds. Felt big, laughed and left.

Seeing Sie's post made me discover this useful tool for demonstrating your talent tree

http://www.wowhead.com

I know the official site has one, but I'll be fecked if it works for me, so show us your talent trees

Me I'm about to respec I'll post mine tommorrow as I'm not sure as to the levels I have currently in some areas as I've kind of made it up as I've gone along. Then I'll post my new one if I can do some research (anyone got any links to classic hunter specs?)

Well, I've had right shit time on WoW tonight. It went like this:

1. Got invited to do Strat by Dan

2. Went to Strat and went to wrong entrance (got stuck and had to hearth)

3. Went back to Strat with Dan and Risso

4. Couldnt get any aggro no matter what technique I used so got called all sorts and caused two members of five man group to quit in disgust

5. Promised myself not to do any more instances until...well ever basically

6. Came on here to write this. :lol:

Its just as well Its a game really.

I still feel like cack on a stick though.

139 pages.

Unbelievable.

The totty thread took a year to get this big, we've done it in 5 months :)

Online games are supposedly the realms of Geeks so why don't you join us :P

Why you little... yellow cards have been given for less... ;)

I'm doing a PGCE, you reckon I've got time to get into something as epic as this??

Bet Dreadmist drops on your runs Sion.

I think im getting on for 15 Strat runs now. I think i could do it in my sleep. Thing is (and Clothies can be bastards for this) pulling aggro off the tank is a shit thing to do at the best of times, but especially in Stratholme, where the Warrior is the most important party member for massive sections of the instance (certainly for everything up to and including Rammstein.)

The "perfect run" myself and Riss had recently proved this. We had a good warrior, and Damage Dealers that werent pricks. CTRA on most (if not all members) knew who he was targeting (and to wait for 3/4 sunders, particularly on the dangerous targets) certainly helped.

The fact that i could come through an instance doing insane DPS, 3rd on the damage meters, and end up with a repair bill for just 12 silver proves how often aggro came my way. Give the tank a chance, let him shine. Some DPS classes cant seem to see that though. Doing more damage early can actually slow the run down. Managing aggro, and leaving it on the tank is where the skill is. Especially in the parts where AOE silence stops the Warrior doing his shouts it can be too easy to pull the hate off the Tank if you are playing with your head up your arse.

I dont want to spend my time pulling stuff off the squishiest of all the squishies (Mage) but i often have found myself doing do, and a lot of the time i blame the Mage for being more interested in beating the Rogue in the damage meters than for actually working as a team.

Still, it gives me a reason to spam Searing Pain on somthing that isnt an Alliance player.

Â