Band Prices v Football prices - where's the value?

blandy

Best Value - Concerts or Football?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Best Value - Concerts or Football?

• Music - it's the food of Love
    • Football - it's a bargain

I was looking through some old stubbs, and something has struck me.

This week I have bought tickets to go and see Super Furry Animals and also to see Sigur Ros, and the tickets were all under 20 quid (16 for SFA and 19 for SR).

My ticket for the Salford Soccerdrome is 32 quid. It's 28 at VP.

But going back a bit, well OK, a lot, gigs used to cost a lot more than the togger.

Why?

Maybe I should give up the footy and go and see more bands with my music loving pals instead.

Where do you think the value is?

Gigs for me end up feeling sweaty and knackered, having been WAY too close to topless sweating disgusting fat morons with long hair which they insist on flapping in my face all night.

I'm going for footy methinks. Thankfully you didn't specify Villa blandy coz there ain't no value for money there whatsoever!

Gigs for me end up feeling sweaty and knackered, having been WAY too close to topless sweating disgusting fat morons with long hair which they insist on flapping in my face all night.

I'm going for footy methinks. Thankfully you didn't specify Villa blandy coz there ain't no value for money there whatsoever!

Stand in front of the mixing desk then, best place to stand at any gig, you don't get moshed around and you get the sound as the sound engineer hears it (ie the optimum place to stand accoustically)

Cheers Bicks :wink:

Must admit I do enjoy a good gig when I stand back a bit. Used to mosh a bit in my younger days (yep Al, younger days!) but I generally can't be arsed anymore because there's too many ugly bellends who I wish to have no contact with.

Problem is, I have a habit of getting to venue just as the gig starts, meaning all the old metallers have pinched my place at the front of the desk. Either that or I go with idiots who think if you don't mosh, you ain't metal.

You can probably tell I rarely go to gigs these days, though NIN a few weeks back nearly had me creaming myself.

Won't be going to many more myself unfortunately either, my favourite venue in Liverpool has shut its doors for the last time, no more free gigs at the Royal Court for me (I used to work there for years), its been sold and is being turned into a Comedy Club :puke:

This means I might actually have to ...........gasp.............pay to go and see a gig, something which to the best of my knowledge I've only done twice in the last 20 years :?

Won't be going to many more myself unfortunately either, my favourite venue in Liverpool has shut its doors for the last time, no more free gigs at the Royal Court for me (I used to work there for years), its been sold and is being turned into a Comedy Club :puke:

This means I might actually have to ...........gasp.............pay to go and see a gig, something which to the best of my knowledge I've only done twice in the last 20 years :?

The two gigs I mentioned are both in Liverpool. The Academy and the Philarmonic for Sigur Ros, in November.

Not so bad, surely.

I'd have t ogo with football, as much as I love music, and love going to gigs, nothing beats football and since I've been out here I've missed football far more than I've missed live music.

I did miss playing in a band though until we got round to recording the cd, that was the side of music I missed just sitting round messing about with other musicians and playing live.

But still missed football more...

Well I took some advice off here (I think it was The Rev?) and have my tickets to see The Go! Team in Manchester in October. Looking forward to it now. What's a Sigur Ros gig actually like Pete?

Sigur Ros at the Phil? shit might have to pay for a gig, when did you buy your ticket blandy (or and where?)

Which academy are SFA playing at? (there's two, Carling academy owned by the Mckenzie group and the University one - which is really the Mountford hall)

Sigur Ros tickets were available from last friday, direct from the Philharmonic, Bicks. Get down there asap, as they go quickly.

I tried for the Lowrie centre in Manchester a while back, but they had all gone.

As for what SR are like in concert, I've never seen them Live before.

I"ll let you know.

Being the decrepit old git that I am I've still got some stubs from the very first concerts I went to at the old Odeon in 1984....The Cure were £4.50, Psychedelic Furs were £4, OMD were £4 and Depeche Mode were ridiculously overpriced at a fiver.

Happy days....

Being the decrepit old git that I am I've still got some stubs from the very first concerts I went to at the old Odeon in .The Cure were £4.50, Psychedelic Furs were £4, OMD were £4 and Depeche Mode were ridiculously overpriced at a fiver.

Happy days....

I think I was probably at all of those gigs :) Wish I still had the stubbs though

Oh and cheers Blandy, just scored myself a couple of SR tickets, two together in the circle row k - see you there for a pint or six

Â