Band Prices v Football prices - where's the value?

blandy

Best Value - Concerts or Football?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Best Value - Concerts or Football?

• Music - it's the food of Love
    • Football - it's a bargain

The first time I saw Sigur Ros was at an outdoor festival. They played as first band at 4 o'clock in the afternoon and the rain was coming down like crazy. This was a very long time ago, before the time they started playing warm-up for Radiohead, so few knew about them. And becouse of the bad weather it was a whooping total of 8 people at the concert. The concert area could hold up to something like 20,000 pleople. They still played for over an hour though, and it was amazing.

Being the decrepit old git that I am I've still got some stubs from the very first concerts I went to at the old Odeon in .The Cure were £4.50, Psychedelic Furs were £4, OMD were £4 and Depeche Mode were ridiculously overpriced at a fiver.

Happy days....

I think I was probably at all of those gigs :) Wish I still had the stubbs though

Oh and cheers Blandy, just scored myself a couple of SR tickets, two together in the circle row k - see you there for a pint or six

A man of taste, obviously :) I saw loads of bands between 84-90, since then it's been one every couple of years or so though, the music just ain't as good any more if you ask me. Bloody hell I've just remembered I even went to see Captain Sensible back then :oops:

• 4 years later...

Most big concerts cost around £50. Thats for 3 hours including a support act.

You know you'll enjoy it to some degree, as you would only book it if you liked the artist.

A football match is around £30, for 2 hours.

You'll either love it (if they win), or be depressed (if they lose).

so bigger highs, but bigger lows as well.

hard to decide.

Â