The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

He is. Raphael Honigstein is on too, and I think he is easily the best guest they have on regularly.

I prefer Auclair.

Not because he's better, just because he and Jimbo clearly hate each other for some reason, and the tension amuses me.

Random question.

In the real game yesterday, a Sociedad player ran into the box, took the ball to the byline and flicked it past the Madrid defender. In doing so he ran off the pitch (but the ball stayed in play), and the madrid player slid in and fouled him, off the pitch.

The ref didn't give anything (even though it was a blatant foul, imo). But, regardless, if he HAD.... would that be a penalty?

once you leave the field of play im sure you cant concede a free-kick or a penalty. Could still get a card for violent conduct if he had punched him.

You are not technically allowed leave field of play without referee permission, i remember a Stoke played think was vs sha and HIgginbotham ran off the pitch in the buildup to a goal and people were saying it should have been disallowed

once you leave the field of play im sure you cant concede a free-kick or a penalty. Could still get a card for violent conduct if he had punched him.

You are not technically allowed leave field of play without referee permission, i remember a Stoke played think was vs sha and HIgginbotham ran off the pitch in the buildup to a goal and people were saying it should have been disallowed

That's sort of what I suspected, interesting though as that situation yesterday could very well have been a goal scoring opportunity

Turns out the referee "forgot" to note down one of Ramos' yellow cards in the match report. Therefore it doesn't count and so he isn't suspended.

I wonder if that had happened to Barca, would people on here be using it as evidence that the refs are in barca's favour.

Hmmmm :detect:

Five? I thought it was 4.

Regardless, the Ramos one for a start (ironically the one that isn't counting) was as blatant a red card as you are ever going to see (being that it was for a second yellow)

Well, it's only 4 that are really relevant I suppose since the one was a coach I think?

I think all of them were a result of a wrong decision, because the free kick for the goal was never a free kick. So sending off Jose, Ozil and Pepe for arguing that is not right. Though in saying that, it doesn't excuse Ramos for his retarded tackle.

I think all of them were a result of a wrong decision, because the free kick for the goal was never a free kick. So sending off Jose, Ozil and Pepe for arguing that is not right.

That's weak

I think all of them were a result of a wrong decision, because the free kick for the goal was never a free kick. So sending off Jose, Ozil and Pepe for arguing that is not right.

That's weak

I don't think so. It would be like a few more of ours getting sent off for arguing with Dowd about the Herd sending off against WBA.

Looking at Ramos' stats, he's reached double figures in yellows cards every season in La Liga for Madrid (currently on 8 this season). :shock:

But that's sort of excusing every action subsequent to a poor decision because that decision was wrong.

Which isn't right, imo.

Anyway, the ref forgetting to note down Ramos' yellow sort of debunks the (frankly ludicrous) theory that he only did it to help Barca

Entirely dependant on the complaint.

A simple "come on ref" is obviously excusable.

"Ref you're a word removed" isn't.

I don't know what Ozil or Mourinho etc said so I guess I can't comment.

maybe its just me but I dont think I have ever seen anything as ridiculous as today. Bilbao played a really tough game thursday so why did they have to play today less than 48 hours after last game.

Another conspiracy to help Barcelona win league

Â