Which is the best console?

Pelle

Which is the best consloe?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best consloe?

• Playstation 3
    • Xbox 360
    • Nintendo Wii

Have had this discussion with a few friends. One says it's the PS3 and is kind of sulky that I bought a 360. Another says that Wii is the funniest and that 360 is out of fashion. Don't agree. Wii seems to be more for kids to me. The one that has got them all says that as a whole the PS3 is the best but when it comes to just play games the 360 is slightly better. PS3 wins for him because of the blueray-stuff but if you don't need that 360 is better. I've got the 360 so my vote is pretty obvious. Yours?

PS3 is the better machine if you need all the power of it?

If you want a console purely to play games and easy contact with mates online the 360 is a clear winner.

The Wii is a completely different beast. I wouldn't say it's for kids only but it is more of a pick up a play party game type machine.

I own both a PS3 and a 360. The PS3 feels like a superior bit of technology, but it also feels like it is basically a huge pile of untapped potential. The 360 is probably at the limit of what it can do now, but **** me can the machine punch above its weight. Gears 2 looks gorgeous. Asking "which is the best" generally only leads to fanboyism. Usually from people who have one console and no chance of owning the other any time soon i might add.

If someone had neither machine and asked me which one id recommend, it would be the 360. The price off the shelf is an absolute bargain now, the back catalogue is very good indeed and because its "winning" in the sales race in the USA by a huge majority over the PS3, most third party games tend to coded with the 360 as lead platform. Xbox live still shits on PSN from a great height and the new Xbox dashboard which is available next week looks like it solves the biggest issue with the 360, the racket the thing makes whenever the optical drive spins. Being able to install games to the Hard Drive should have been an option from day one. The PS3 has been doing it since launch, the PC has been doing it since Hard Drives existed.

The Wii is a completely different machine. Its not competing for the same audience as Microsoft and Sony are. Its killing them in terms of sales of course, but i still cant get excited about a machine that hasnt had an interesting looking game released on it in six months.

Yes. It will be a lot quieter. The thing that makes all the noise on a 360 is the 12x speed DVD drive, its faster than Gabby but its annoying. Booting from your Hard Drive should mean that your Xbox is no louder than it is when you are just pissing about on the Dash or playing an XBLA game. Or comparable to a PS3 or PC if you prefer.

Yes. It will be a lot quieter. The thing that makes all the noise on a 360 is the 12x speed DVD drive, its faster than Gabby but its annoying. Booting from your Hard Drive should mean that your Xbox is no louder than it is when you are just pissing about on the Dash or playing an XBLA game. Or comparable to a PS3 or PC if you prefer.

I thought the noise come from the cooling fans!

Nope, thats a myth. Its the optical drive. Im sure you have an XBLA game or a demo on your 360 by now. Fire that up. Thats what an installed game to your hard drive will sound like.

Just sucks for me who has a 20gb hard drive. Dual layer DVD's have a capacity of about 8.5gb, and most 360 games fill that. Ill struggle to get two on. If Microsoft didnt want an arm and a leg for their 120gb hard drives id upgrade to one, but they are seriously taking the piss with the asking price.

A lot of 360 owners are going to need to invest in a new Hard Drive or a 360 Elite with a 120GB HD to have enough storage space.

I've seen a lot of people on games forums saying they'll install games like Fallout 3, Oblivion, the games with masses of content, but not bother with other titles, Call of Duty for example.

Ill just install the game im playing the most.

Im not dropping the best part of a hundred quid on a hard drive when Microsoft are selling brand new 360's for £130.

Having owned both I personally don't think there is much between them.

The PS3 just slightly edges it for me for BluRay. In terms of online I haven't had any problems with the PS3 but it seems to be generally accepted that XBL is better.

I really miss the Achievements from the 360 though. The Trophy system seems to be very poorly implemented.

At the moment, for gaming, the 360 is the better. The games are much better. However I feel the future lies with the PS3, it feels like its got alot more to give and its got an inbuilt blu-ray which is incredible.

I have both in my household, but own neither. :(

I still think PURELY for games it's the 360. However since owning a PS3, i've realised that as a console as a whole it really is top drawer. I think 360 edges it on the games front, but the PS3 wins on everything else. Having BluRay is a huge contributor.

Depends what you want from the console really. For me I wanted a good gaming experience, thus making the 360 my choice. In a year or two I may get the PS3, when it has a bigger and better games catalogue. For now though, I think the 360 is streaks ahead for gaming (especially online and for the sheer amount of choice when it comes to games).

When I get a high-def TV though, which I am planning on doing, I will most likely get the PS3 just for its ability to play Blu-Ray. Yet, it won't be for a while that I get a PS3 as I enjoy gaming, and for me the 360 is miles ahead of the PS3 (for gaming) at present.

As far as the Wii goes, it is great fun when you have got a bunch of mates over and fancy a laugh. Although other consoles can do this, the Wii is more geared towards getting involved in the games with the remote, and with other people. When this comes down I may go for this aswell.

Basically they are three great consoles in their own way. The choice is down to personal preference. For me though, it is the 360 all the way as I am a fan of gaming. When the PS3 eventually catches up games wise, I will probably get it. Yet, it could be a while off, so I'll stick with my 360 for now. As far as a Wii goes, I may get one if they make it cheap as it's a right laugh.

One thing ill say about HDTV, im sure you hear from people all the time about people who upgraded to high def banging on about how much better it looks and you think they are mad because games look pretty **** spectacular on a standard def TV too. Trust me, the leap to HD is incredible. This is the first generation of machines since the 2D games of the 16 bit era upgraded to the 3D games of the 32 bit era where graphics have actually made my jaw drop.

Has to be 360. Cheapest of the 3 starting at $199 over here, has by far the largest library, best online system, easiest to develop for, best exclusives, best controller. The Playstation wins on Power and the Wii on novelty but the addition of the Netflix library to 360 here next week is going to be killer. I don't know if it'll surface in the uk but with a Netflix account we will be able to stream over 12,000 flims, tv shows, etc on demand through the xbox many of them in HD. that for me kills any interest in Blu Ray.

360 has the polish of Microsoft and extra time on its side. PS3 when it is close to its full potential will wipe the floor with the 360.

Forget the Wii, it makes no sense whatsoever to me. For example what is the point in playing a darts game? You need to set the optical thing to board height and then hold a big chunky controller thing like a real dart, not possible and you may as wellget a decent board and darts instead! Same goes for quite a few of the games for me, they don't quite work and the controller is just a gimmick.

Â