2024-25 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

To be fair growing up with rugby the tackling in the NFL is the last infuriating thing that at times ruins games for me 

I would say my frustration at missed or bad tackles out weighs my enjoyment of big hits 

The play they actually call "The Tackle" 

Those poor refs, and those poor player wallets. Remember "Lowering your helmet to initiate contact" that they put on all the running-backs a few years ago? This will disappear the same way when they find how un-enforcable this will be.

11 hours ago, villa89 said:

Seems crazy to ban this hip drop tackle. How are you supposed to tackle? They say it's similar to the horse collar but it's not at all. 

By tapping ankles and wrapping up

Tackling in the NFL is terrible 

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

By tapping ankles and wrapping up

Tackling in the NFL is terrible 

It's much much harder to wrap up when you are wearing pads, they reduce how much mobility you have in your shoulders. Tapping ankles means you are already too late and are tackling from behind, it's the tackle of last resort.  NFL teams have had rugby players over to teach tackling but it doesn't work the same in NFL as in rugby. Plus in the NFL you are allowed go for the ball, in rugby you can only strip possession, you can't slap or punch it out. 

Edited by villa89

WR Equanimeous St Brown to the Saints.

Parents obviously had a sense of humour or some kind of addiction :crylaugh:

On 13/04/2024 at 15:00, rjw63 said:

WR Equanimeous St Brown to the Saints.

Parents obviously had a sense of humour or some kind of addiction :crylaugh:

Their father chose their names based on Egyptian names I believe . Well brought up and educated both are fluent in 3 Different languages.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Â