Rachel Daly

skarroki

Rachel Daly of Aston Villa, a fantastic footballer, golden boot winner, PFA Players' player of the year award winner, England international, the answer to the quiz question "can they play left back" 

Not seen a topic of a footballer started recently after they've signed so here's a video of 20+ goals to prove she's signing for us. 

• Like 2

Credit to @useless after seeing his post and agreeing to the sentiment. 

Here's a short video of an interview after winning PFA players POTY award:

Seems to be enjoying life here and talks about coming back to England to be closer to family, which maybe helps to ease fears from the rumours of her returning to the US that rumbled along in the summer. 

If you'd asked me who her idol was, even knowing she's a Yorkshire lass it would have taken me weeks to guess Mark Viduka. 

1 minute ago, colhint said:

Best finisher at the club. So many 1 touch goals 

Can’t argue with that but she did waste a couple of chances on Sunday by shooting when others were in much better positions.

2 hours ago, colhint said:

That's her problem, she's the best left back in the England team she's also the best striker.

And any manager with a brain is going to prioritise having the best striker up front over a position like left back? Right?

I guess you could argue it depends how good the second choices are... but I think it's been the wrong call for England to date.

A sign of a truly great player though, and usually one that is head and shoulders above anyone else in the team. 

• Like 1

It's debatable whether she's even the best English leftback with us, she probably isn't, that's Mayumi Pacheco who's unlucky not to have had an England call-up herself, she has some of the best stats in the league for her position, especially attacking wise, not so much in goals or assists, but in terms forward passes and ball carries and so on, you only have to watch our games to see how important she is, lots of link up play with Hanson, Dali, and Daly on that left-hand side, although I would say it's a very specific role that Daly has for England at leftback/wingback, it's not really like a regular leftback, so she's the best option they have for the way that position is used

She's been an incredible signing for us, goals of all kinds, assists, drops deep to link up play, will help out defensively when we're under the cosh, obviously it's not just about her, but she's made massive contribution to the improvement of our women's team.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, smg said:

Can’t argue with that but she did waste a couple of chances on Sunday by shooting when others were in much better positions.

Yes you can, the notion of comparing the players in the women's team to the men's team is ridiculous. They are night and day.

Put her up front in the Premier League I doubt she would score all season. She would not have the stamina or strength to cope, so any technique would become null and void. Stick Watkins in the women's team for 20 matches and he would be scoring north of 60 goals.

40 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Can they play left back?

Rachel Daly.

I don't get it.

Poor attempt at a joke from me, just that we seemed to spend a couple seasons asking if any potential signing or even new member of the backroom could play left back. In Rachel's case, yes she actually can. 

• Thanks 1

Â