Restricted Seats at VP

Mic09

Not sure about the best place to raise this, but I got two tickets in a 'restricted' view seat in Upper Doug Ellis, p3.

Has anyone had experience of a 'restricted view' seat before? I guess there are no large pillars etc so it shouldn't be too bad?  

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It really depends which ones you are in. At the back of Doug Ellis it's the gantry and camera booth thing

It's P3, I assume around the edge of the pen box at the very top, I guess the camera booth thing is in the middle isn't it? 

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Not sure about the best place to raise this, but I got two tickets in a 'restricted' view seat in Upper Doug Ellis, p3.

Has anyone had experience of a 'restricted view' seat before? I guess there are no large pillars etc so it shouldn't be too bad?  

I’ve sat in restricted view seats quite a few times and they are generally fine. It’s usually because the railings/bannisters are at eye level in that particular seat, so there is likely a small part of the pitch you can’t see without moving your head.

Ive always found them good to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve sat in restricted view seats quite a few times and they are generally fine. It’s usually because the railings/bannisters are at eye level in that particular seat, so there is likely a small part of the pitch you can’t see without moving your head.

Ive always found them good to be honest.

Some in the Trinity are worse than others

• Like 1

image.jpeg.9b79f0a3382935aa16561244c3091802.jpeg

For example this was a restricted view seat in Nov ‘21 (home to Brighton funnily enough) sat in A5 in trinity. As you can see I’m standing to take the pic, but when sitting, there is the claret railing at the bottom of the pic which stops your view of a tiny part of the pitch (from memory the closer corner near the north stand in this case) 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Thanks 1

Yeah in the Holte, I think it must have been K1. Couldn’t see the the corner flag by the North Stand/Witton stand so every time the play went over there you’re relying on the crowd. The Witton blocks the view for a few seats in that block.

I was sat there watching Sherwood’s team so I wasn’t terribly pleased that my view of the rest of the pitch remained unobstructed.

Haha, a little off topic but this thread reminds me of a rare away trip that I went to back in my younger days. I will alway remember how bad the seat I had in the away end at the old White Hart Lane back in the early 90's, it might have been the year we ended runner up under Big Ron. I arrived for the match just in time for kick off thanks to my Spurs supporting mate and his Dad and Brother forgetting their tickets and having to turn around. When I sat down the first thing I saw was that a pillar blocked out the entirety of the goal at the other end of the pitch. No mention of restricted view when I bought the ticket, I can only think they weren't obliged to mention it back in those days. My memory of the game was Nigel Kennedy was sat a few rows in front of me, and the game itself was a drab 0-0 so I didn't miss anything, which in hindsight was probably for the best as I needed a lift home afterwards with my mate and his family. 😂

I can't imagine any of the restricted views at VP are as bad as that. Modern Stadia are far better now with the pillars all gone.

Edited by NeilS

Â