Ben Foster

Genie

I’ve been watching of his “reels” on facebook and it’s really interesting how openly he talks about money earned at different clubs.

For example he was saying that at West Brom in 2012 he had a 4 year contract at £40,000 per week.

Then on top he got £12k for winning a game, and £6k per appearance fee.

So in the example on the podcast if he played 2 games in a week, won 1 and lost one he earned £64,000 that week alone.

He also said that Man City players get millions PER PLAYER on top of their salaries each time they win a trophy.

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

As a coincidental gift from an unrelated 3rd party of course

Appearance fee at birthday parties via teams calls

But yeah the bonuses and stuff us FM players are well aware of 😋

Would be interesting to see how creative some of these bonuses get, there's obviously appearance, win, clean sheet, goal, trophy bonuses but then they could go weird and wonderful and delve deeper in to stats

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Appearance fee at birthday parties via teams calls

But yeah the bonuses and stuff us FM players are well aware of 😋

Would be interesting to see how creative some of these bonuses get, there's obviously appearance, win, clean sheet, goal, trophy bonuses but then they could go weird and wonderful and delve deeper in to stats

£100,000 up front fee 

£50,000,000 after 50 international appearances :cheers:

edit - sell well before he gets that close obviously

Edited by Rodders

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Didn't the Leicester owner buy them all cars or something after winning the league. Not sure how those sort of bonuses work with FFP 😅

There is a rule I believe that all bonuses must be written down in contracts, owners cannot (officially) just give or promise extras willy nilly.

One owner of some small side got into trouble for buying the players mcdonald’s or beer (I can’t remember) after win’s because it wasn’t properly recorded as win bonuses :lol: 

• Shocked 1

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

There is a rule I believe that all bonuses must be written down in contracts, owners cannot (officially) just give or promise extras willy nilly.

One owner of some small side got into trouble for buying the players mcdonald’s or beer (I can’t remember) after win’s because it wasn’t properly recorded as win bonuses :lol: 

I assume that's because their are tax implications for any benefits outside of your wages. It's not just a football thing. 

• Like 1

Â