Carabao Cup Draw 3rd Rd

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's the spirit

No one is saying we are going to lose the game. Merely saying it could be seen as arrogant to say 'Everton are crap so who are we getting in round 4'.

I'm expecting Emery to have learnt from the Stevenage result and whilst still acknowledging the difficult adjacent league fixtures, put out a fairly strong team. That's still no guarantee, but hopefully our stronger squad and another 9 months of Emery's coaching (since Stevenage) will see us through.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This is currently showing as Tuesday, but will it move to Wed because we will play Chelsea on Sunday?

Chelsea is still showing as Saturday 23rd September at 3pm on my Villa calendar.

EDIT - could move to a Sunday to accommodate a Thursday ECL game if we qualify for the group stage?

Edited by brommy

Tonight's team v Hibs will be similar to this match I would have thought.  For all that we have matches to play - which is great, Everton are still bottom of the league with no wins or league goals. That's their priority right now. They'll be making changes too

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

Chelsea is still showing as Saturday 23rd September at 3pm on my Villa calendar.

EDIT - could move to a Sunday to accommodate a Thursday ECL game if we qualify for the group stage?

Oh yes, I guess it all needs to wait until after we qualify for the group stages tonight, only then can the other matches move.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's the spirit

It’s being realistic and understanding priorities so not having a meltdown if we do get knocked out. 

Obviously want to go far in all competitions but also understand that rotation will be needed.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s being realistic and understanding priorities so not having a meltdown if we do get knocked out. 

Obviously want to go far in all competitions but also understand that rotation will be needed.

I have far less meltdowns since Emery took over even with the Newcastle result as framed it as Mings serious injury taking a toll on teammates. 

• Like 1