Weekends Football 25/27 August

andykeenan

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Don’t like West Ham but nice to see Brighton getting taken down a peg or two.

Why? :D  Massive underdog side, punching above their weight due to fantastic recruitment and coaching.

"Aye, **** that.  We'll have more of Spurs being up there again thanks"

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Why? :D  Massive underdog side, punching above their weight due to fantastic recruitment and coaching.

Cos I’m bored of the media telling me they’re everyone’s second team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Helps us though if they have a worse season

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Cos I’m bored of the media telling me they’re everyone’s second team. 

People actually have a second team!? Sad f**kers.

It's Villa and Villa ONLY. As it should be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Doesn't look like Moyes will be going anywhere anytime soon as a lot predicted.

He's delivered a trophy for them for the first time in over 40 years. I think that gives him some breathing space surely.

Unless he decides for some reason to go back to Everton when they panic sack Dyche before the October international break. Which I would doubt.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

He's delivered a trophy for them for the first time in over 40 years. I think that gives him some breathing space surely.

Unless he decides for some reason to go back to Everton when they panic sack Dyche before the October international break. Which I would doubt.

Yeah it definitely brought him more time as you'd expect. He's just been on the brink of being sacked a few times though and was still 2nd favourite to go this season but they've started the season really well tbf.

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

Well Sky, BT sport, various pundits on TalkSport. I’ve heard it numerous times. If you haven’t, lucky you.

Why wouldn't a neutral big Brighton up, it's been a brilliant story what they've achieved in last decade. Same for Brentford and Luton.

Only issue is people think what they do is completely bullet proof. Go back a decade and Southampton and Swansea were in similar positions playing in europe. Then they made poor transfer decisions and managerial appointments and started slipping down the league table. A decade before it was likes of Charlton and Bolton.

If you're outside the Saudi/Qatar cartel ownership you're only a few bad decisions away from that happening as we saw post O'Neill.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah it definitely brought him more time as you'd expect. He's just been on the brink of being sacked a few times though and was still 2nd favourite to go this season but they've started the season really well tbf.

They’ve scraped past Wolves courtesy of an injury time penalty not given against them, and scraped past Forest who were down to 10 men and won with a soft penalty. Lost to Spurs.

Jury still very much out.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ve scraped past Wolves courtesy of an injury time penalty not given against them, and scraped past Forest who were down to 10 men and won with a soft penalty. Lost to Spurs.

Jury still very much out.

Was talking about Moyes/West Ham 😆

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Why wouldn't a neutral big Brighton up, it's been a brilliant story what they've achieved in last decade. Same for Brentford and Luton.

Only issue is people think what they do is completely bullet proof. Go back a decade and Southampton and Swansea were in similar positions playing in europe. Then they made poor transfer decisions and managerial appointments and started slipping down the league table. A decade before it was likes of Charlton and Bolton.

If you're outside the Saudi/Qatar cartel ownership you're only a few bad decisions away from that happening as we saw post O'Neill.

I’m not saying they’re wrong, I’m saying that personally, me, just me, is bored of hearing about how wonderful Brighton are. You’re kind of proving my point, I can’t even say I’ve enjoyed seeing them lose without people starting mounting a defence of them 😁

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not saying they’re wrong, I’m saying that personally, me, just me, is bored of hearing about how wonderful Brighton are. You’re kind of proving my point, I can’t even say I’ve enjoyed seeing them lose without people starting mounting a defence of them 😁

Nah agree with @bobzy, much rather hear about the latest 18 year old Armenian wonder kid they've just signed than media blowing their load over "Angeball"

Of course I'd prefer people to talk about us but ultimately it's different expectations for a club of our size e.g people pointing out why we haven't won a trophy for nearly 30 years now.

Â