Aston Villa of old

Follyfoot

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Reading through a few of the threads tonight, does anybody remember the old Villa Times paper?

The character, Godzvilla a mummy type creature who wanted all of the cups?

Can you recite the steps of the Holte End in full and remember all of the words to Holte Enders in the sky? 

do you remember AVFC Aston Villa arr magic ringing round the Holte End

Do you remember the Villa chant with the wooden seats in the Trinity and the rest of the ground reverberating with  Villa Villa?

Do you remember knees up mother Brown?

do you remember the Doc saying if you hang  the 11 Villa shirts to dry on the line, 30,000 people would turn out to watch them?

Do you remember we won the league we won the we won the cup now Ronnie Bendallls f ***ked it up?

do you remember run Saunders signing a contract? Is Birmingham City manager on the pictures of and five minutes later, the C Crew running amok in the Kop

Do you remember the Greek, coke and their merry bunch of men

do you remember being locked out of Villa Park at 2 pm? against Sunderland, because your uncle would not leave earlier, even though they advised you to do so. 🤦‍♂️

do you remember beating the champions of Europe 5-1 at Villa Park and scoring five in the first half?

Do you remember Pelé against Santos?

do you remember being two nil down to Johan Cruyff’s Barcelona with five minutes to go and drawing 2-2

Do you remember the old AV flood lights visible from miles as you approached Mecca? 

do you remember Andy Grays  hat-trick in the 1977 season in the last game of the season against the Albion to equal the golden boot with Malcolm, Macdonald.

Do you remember “are you going to bet against us? 

do you remember the Rastafarians in the left-hand bottom corner of the Holte and the unique smell that radiated from the area?

Do you remember walking from the Windsor 2000 strong  to the Sty ? 

do you remember at night game at Coventry when we had 3/4 of the ground?

Do you remember taking 20,000 to Sheffield on a Wednesday night for a league  game?

do you believe in the Villa ?

Bit older than me but I have a Villa Times ring binder filled with Villa Times in the garage somewhere 😜 

passed down from neighbours back in the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Reading through a few of the threads tonight, does anybody remember

Do you remember the old AV flood lights

Do you remember “are you going to bet against us? 

do you remember the beauty of the old Trinity Road stand?

Since I never arrived until '82, That's my lot.

• Like 1

Great thread and depends what you class as old.

One of the memories I have is away at QPR in the league in 1993 the year we came runners up and there must have been about 10K+ Villa that day.

We lost the game but I remember thinking WOW what support we had and definitely outnumbered the home fans...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Great thread and depends what you class as old.

One of the memories I have is away at QPR in the league in 1993 the year we came runners up and there must have been about 10K+ Villa that day.

We lost the game but I remember thinking WOW what support we had and definitely outnumbered the home fans...

It’s all relevant mate👍

Â