Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

bad week to get the captaincy wrong

need bowen and estupinan to get returns tonight

I'll take a 1-1 draw with Bowen and Estupinan both scoring OGs 😁

• Haha 1

My plan is still to keep hold of Salah / Son, I really think it'll pay dividends in the long run as I can't see them dropping in price the amount I have to find to get them back

My transfer this week will be Semenyo out (which would in all likelihood have happened anyway regardless of AFCON currently looking at Cunha / Joao Pedro as replacements but could still be someone else

The following week I'm considering downgrading Trippier to Botman but as that is a looooooong way off, it isn't worth looking at it yet

1 minute ago, bickster said:

My plan is still to keep hold of Salah / Son, I really think it'll pay dividends in the long run as I can't see them dropping in price the amount I have to find to get them back

My transfer this week will be Semenyo out (which would in all likelihood have happened anyway regardless of AFCON currently looking at Cunha / Joao Pedro as replacements but could still be someone else

The following week I'm considering downgrading Trippier to Botman but as that is a looooooong way off, it isn't worth looking at it yet

I can't see having that much money tied up in 2 players that won't play for a few gameweeks as anything other than disastrous to be honest

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I can't see having that much money tied up in 2 players that won't play for a few gameweeks as anything other than disastrous to be honest

It would take me three game weeks to take out the three AFCON / Asian Cup players I have or take -8 hit and not be able to get one of the two most productive players in the game back. I could go to Saka for one but I'm not convinced on his or Arsenal's form, then we're down to Bowen and the also rans. I can't see losing them as anything other than a long term disaster.

We'll see I suppose

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It would take me three game weeks to take out the three AFCON / Asian Cup players I have or take -8 hit and not be able to get one of the two most productive players in the game back. I could go to Saka for one but I'm not convinced on his or Arsenal's form, then we're down to Bowen and the also rans. I can't see losing them as anything other than a long term disaster.

We'll see I suppose

I think you've got to take at least one out. You can't have nearly a quarter of your budget tied up in players who won't play. But each to their own

Still working out what to do. I've got 2 FTs.

Archer -> Haaland is a no brainer

Then Salah -> one of Foden/Richarlison/Diaz/Bailey

I'm leaning towards Bailey to give me as much budget as possible to buy back Salah, or at least Son.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Archer -> Haaland is a no brainer

You see Haaland being back for next GW?

EDIT: Just seen that Pep says he will be. I still think I want to see his name on a team sheet first though

3 hours ago, bickster said:

You see Haaland being back for next GW?

EDIT: Just seen that Pep says he will be. I still think I want to see his name on a team sheet first though

I doubt he'll start on the weekend in the FA Cup, but with it being a home match maybe he'll get some mins off the bench if he's fit. I have Alvarez in place of Haaland, so hopefully won't be too bad if I hold off for a GW and Haaland starts vs NEW.

Benching Palmer was disastrous for me. Did it to accommodate Alvarez. And I had Solanke on the bench initially. Should have kept it that way. A 50k drop for that move alone.

On 29/12/2023 at 10:45, a-k said:

I had the word removed Areola for weeks and no returns, then I drop him and he pulls off clean sheets against United and Arsenal.

And again. That 0-0 actually killed me.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The Areola and Dubravka combination is going terribly, and I imagine it's the same for others. Whoever I bench seems to haul.

Can't wait for Areola to concede in the 3rd minute tonight

Never mind 

• Haha 1

outside the top 100k for the first time since GW7

wasn't even that bad a week, just that every player who could hurt me, did.

51 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

outside the top 100k for the first time since GW7

wasn't even that bad a week, just that every player who could hurt me, did.

I overtook you by 1 point

🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫🤫

• Sad 1

To only drop 11k to 46k after benching Palmer is a mighty let off. Onwards and upwards. Now to navigate the premium asset chasm in midfield and watch all around me fall *insert evil laugh and moustache twirling*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also notice we have a cheeky new member in the league who went straight in at number one.

• Shocked 1

Â