Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

Just Son and Lascelles to play for me, on 25 points. 

Feel like there's cracks starting to appear in my team. Mbeumo needs to go now, Diaby can't say is a lock anymore, Alvarez just a bit meh. 

Thoughts on Trent? Anyone tempted? I feel like I need to get in either him or Trippier. 

14 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Just Son and Lascelles to play for me, on 25 points. 

Feel like there's cracks starting to appear in my team. Mbeumo needs to go now, Diaby can't say is a lock anymore, Alvarez just a bit meh. 

Thoughts on Trent? Anyone tempted? I feel like I need to get in either him or Trippier. 

Obviously I have Trent. You've probably missed the main gravy train but he can be streaky so probably still a good move. All his tougher games are at home until February. I'm currently looking at holding on to him AND bringing in Trippier. And I have a cunning plan as to how to achieve that.

• Like 1

Yep need to get rid of Mbeumo, only bought him in 2 weeks ago but he returned in both games. I’m looking at Douglas Luiz or kudus, leaning toward Luiz as he put the ball in the net once yday and had a good chance denied by the post, plus fancy him to get a pen against Sheffield United or Brentford. Extra funds will allow me to upgrade romero to Porro and then can get dubravka in (would have done it this GW were it not for Mbeumo injury) 

8 hours ago, a-k said:

Potential Mbeumo injury makes things interesting...do I go template and bring in Gordon, which blocks my route to triple NEW defence until I WC for GW20, or go for a differential like Kulusevski. Will wait for news tomorrow but either way if he's out then I am stuck with Cash on the bench for at least another GW, or then Cash goes and I play Archer in place of Mbeumo. Interesting GW coming up!

Hmm...if I go for Palmer (lovely set of fixtures + on pens) then I can bring in Trippier the following GW

Romero scored today for 6 points and mykolenko managed to keep a clean sheet so once his points apply as my sub then I will be on 49 points for the GW. Romero got a yellow card and a point deducted for goals conceded so doubt he will make bonus points but I’ll take it 

Finished on 52 points as romero got 3 bonus points. Took a hit to get foden in for Mbeumo as foden is predicted to go up before the new gameweek. Had 0.5 ITB and after selling Mbeumo had just enough so got nothing left now. 

next transfer is areola out, dubravka in (even though he sucked today lol)

42 points, enough for a green arrow. rolling transfer...not too confident this week (i'll be playing double arsenal defence) but with so many people having fires to fight (mbwemo, son) i think having 2 FTs next week will be really useful

On 07/12/2023 at 09:50, BOF said:

Only 2 to play (Dubravka & Bowen) and only 10 men total but 36pts and currently up to 75k which won't last. But that's OK. The Trent experiment is going swimmingly.

It did last. 72k 😁

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Excellent, remind me how far away is GW18?

Luton palace everton and Sheffield United in next 4 too good to turn down, Burnley aswell so 5 out of their 6 games are decent.

for that week I will go 4-4-2, busting foden down to the bench for romero who faces everton and semenyo who faces forest.

probably put the armband on Watkins for that week as he faces Sheffield United at villa park whilst salah has arsenal 

• Like 1

45 points and a green arrow, not bad.

But really struggling on picking a side for this week.

I would want to start all 5 mids and all 3 fwds:

Palmer, Luiz, Salah, Bowen, Saka, Isak, Watkins, Haaland

I also have a mil in the bank but no obvious upgrades. Is it time to sell Tsimikas? He isnt a nailed on starter it seems

Edited by StefanAVFC

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

45 points and a green arrow, not bad.

But really struggling on picking a side for this week.

I would want to start all 5 mids and all 3 fwds:

Palmer, Luiz, Salah, Bowen, Saka, Isak, Watkins, Haaland

I also have a mil in the bank but no obvious upgrades. Is it time to sell Tsimikas? He isnt a nailed on starter it seems

Tsimikas not nailed, but I think that was more a 3 games in a week thing and he'll be back for Palace. Don't envy your bench dilemma though. It's why I like not spreading my money around so much. I'd inevitably lose so many points to my substitutes.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Tsimikas not nailed, but I think that was more a 3 games in a week thing and he'll be back for Palace. Don't envy your bench dilemma though. It's why I like not spreading my money around so much. I'd inevitably lose so many points to my substitutes.

To be fair, this wasn't really a money spread. Luiz/Palmer were 5.5 each when I bought them I think. They're just insanely good value for that price.

going to do the mini wildcard thing next GW...a few changes i want to make. martinelli just hasn't done enough and diaby now too big a rotation risk (though i think he'll start at least one of the next few games)

downgrading those two enables me to bring in trippier too who is going to have very high ownership over the next few GWs

Ranked 5k heading into this GW and crashing out of the Cup at the first hurdle to a 5mil ranked team...some very bad decisions this GW and might team needs gutting so might need to use my WC this week instead of for GW18, but I have a work trip this week and not much time to look at my team...

Â