Diablo 4

dubbs

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Just tried the sight of madness 

It is **** IMPOSSIBLE as a one player

A very frustrating game

The one that has a Stronghold as part of the quest? Think I did that without dying 😁

Tbh mate, I think there may be something fundamentally wrong with your setup. Maybe gems/enchants or just choice of gear? You really shouldn't be dying this much 😟

Edited by Designer1

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

The one that has a Stronghold as part of the quest? Think I did that without dying 😁

Tbh mate, I think there may be something fundamentally wrong with your setup. Maybe gems/enchants or just choice of gear? You really shouldn't be dying this much 😟

This is the one. I did it all but then last part you had those three huge giants. You cant go anywhere as they so big even if their sword is nowhere near me they still hit me. The evade and teleport is so bad as well as you rarely move 

I have a feeling it could be because im getting wiped out pretty easily

Gems ans enchantments? What the hell are they😂😂😂

It must be this as i have no idea what that is. Ive just been putting the best loot i pick up (weapons clothes etc and then updating my skill points when i level up to the build above) am i missing something out?!

• Shocked 1

@Demitri_C

Enchantment Guide for Sorcerers

Sorcerers in Diablo 4 get the Enchantments system as their unique class mechanic, which adds new passives to abilities in special slots.

Gem and Socket Guide

A returning feature in the series, Diablo 4 contains a multitude of different Gems that can be obtained, upgraded, and socketed into your gear to produce bonus effects.

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Thanks mate. I have seen the gems but just been sticking any shit in them as i dont understand them.

I dont know what this enchantment thing is though ill read and find out as this is where im going wrong i think as your right im dying too easily

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks mate. I have seen the gems but just been sticking any shit in them as i dont understand them.

I dont know what this enchantment thing is though ill read and find out as this is where im going wrong i think as your right im dying too easily

Make sure you are looking at the stats on your armour/weapons too. Don't just equip stuff with the best armour as you might be missing out on important stats.

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Make sure you are looking at the stats on your armour/weapons too. Don't just equip stuff with the best armour as you might be missing out on important stats.

I mean was reading stats but i always assumed with the loot you go with the higher number eg +47 as opposed to the -47

If the lower number stats are bettee then it makes it more confusing for people like me!

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I mean was reading stats but i always assumed with the loot you go with the higher number eg +47 as opposed to the -47

If the lower number stats are bettee then it makes it more confusing for people like me!

The main stats to look out for on Sorcerer gear are Willpower and Intelligence. 

If something has slightly less armour stat but a decent boost to either of those I tend to go with the latter. Stack up your Int and Willpower and you'll start to see a difference.

I also go with Ruby Gems for most of my gear as they help with Max Life.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

The main stats to look out for on Sorcerer gear are Willpower and Intelligence. 

If something has slightly less armour stat but a decent boost to either of those I tend to go with the latter. Stack up your Int and Willpower and you'll start to see a difference.

I also go with Ruby Gems for most of my gear as they help with Max Life.

Ok sounds to me like a massive difference to what ive been doing as i been sticking gold ones in and have not been looking at the intelligence and willpower. Im going to make these amendments and see what happens.

What level you on at the mo?

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok sounds to me like a massive difference to what ive been doing as i been sticking gold ones in and have not been looking at the intelligence and willpower. Im going to make these amendments and see what happens.

What level you on at the mo?

38 I think.

I'm concentrating on the main story quests now (pretty much ignoring everything else for a bit) because I want to get the Mount asap as it will make traversal over the map much quicker.

And I want my Temptation Mount 😎

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

This is where the games attempt to make it easier backfires to some extent.

When you see +87 on a weapon that's usually because its damage per second is higher than what you have. Same for the armour value on armour. Now, you can get pretty far just equipping things that have + numbers on the primary stat, but something that does more damage per second, could still be worse if the stats on it are worse. 

For instance lets say you're playing as an Arc Lash Sorcerer using Chain Lightning as your core skill. You have done the class quest at Level 15 to unlock an enchantment slot and have Fireball in it so everyone explodes when they die (it's a fun one). So, you might have a rare weapon equipped that has Lightning Critical Hit Damage 18%, Critical Hit Chance 9%, Vulnerable Damage 12% that arguably does less damage per second than the one you just picked up, but that one might have +2 to Hydra (but you're not using Hydra), Damage to slowed enemies 18% (but you have no slow ability) and so on. The new weapon might hit harder and faster, but the one you're currently using is synergising better with your lightning skills thanks to the Lightning Crit Damage and Crit Chance. 

So, in some instances it can be the case that bigger number is better, but the game doesn't know what build you're creating, so it doesn't know how good or bad any of the stats under damage per second or armor are for your build. 

For instance if you were going for a Chain Lightning build then stat priorities on items are likely as follows;

Weapon (Wand): Core Damage, Critical Strike Damage
Focus (Off-Hand): Cooldown Reduction, Critical Strike Chance, Intelligence

Helm: Cooldown Reduction, Intelligence, Life
Armor: Damage Reduction, Armor
Gloves: +Stat to Chain Lightning, Critical Strike Chance
Pants: Armor, Intelligence
Boots: Movement Speed
Amulet: Cooldown Reduction, Movement Speed
Rings: Critical Strike Damage, Critical Strike Chance, Vulnerable Damage

Of course that's likely going to create a pretty decent Chain Lightning build, especially once you get some Legendary Aspects on that gear, and of course if you're running something else like Firewall, or Ice Shards instead of Chain Lightning then some of the stats you're looking for on gear might be different, but there is more to look at than just the + number because the game doesn't know your build. All the game can say with certainty is this weapons base damage is higher than the one you have, so it's better in that regard, but the rest might be worse.

Edited by Daweii
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

This is where the games attempt to make it easier backfires to some extent.

When you see +87 on a weapon that's usually because its damage per second is higher than what you have. Same for the armour value on armour. Now, you can get pretty far just equipping things that have + numbers on the primary stat, but something that does more damage per second, could still be worse if the stats on it are worse. 

For instance lets say you're playing as an Arc Lash Sorcerer using Chain Lightning as your core skill. You have done the class quest at Level 15 to unlock an enchantment slot and have Fireball in it so everyone explodes when they die (it's a fun one). So, you might have a rare weapon equipped that has Lightning Critical Hit Damage 18%, Critical Hit Chance 9%, Vulnerable Damage 12% that arguably does less damage per second than the one you just picked up, but that one might have +2 to Hydra (but you're not using Hydra), Damage to slowed enemies 18% (but you have no slow ability) and so on. The new weapon might hit harder and faster, but the one you're currently using is synergising better with your lightning skills thanks to the Lightning Crit Damage and Crit Chance. 

So, in some instances it can be the case that bigger number is better, but the game doesn't know what build you're creating, so it doesn't know how good or bad any of the stats under damage per second or armor are for your build. 

For instance if you were going for a Chain Lightning build then stat priorities on items are likely as follows;

Weapon (Wand): Core Damage, Critical Strike Damage
Focus (Off-Hand): Cooldown Reduction, Critical Strike Chance, Intelligence

Helm: Cooldown Reduction, Intelligence, Life
Armor: Damage Reduction, Armor
Gloves: +Stat to Chain Lightning, Critical Strike Chance
Pants: Armor, Intelligence
Boots: Movement Speed
Amulet: Cooldown Reduction, Movement Speed
Rings: Critical Strike Damage, Critical Strike Chance, Vulnerable Damage

Of course that's likely going to create a pretty decent Chain Lightning build, especially once you get some Legendary Aspects on that gear, and of course if you're running something else like Firewall, or Ice Shards instead of Chain Lightning then some of the stats you're looking for on gear might be different, but there is more to look at than just the + number because the game doesn't know your build. All the game can say with certainty is this weapons base damage is higher than the one you have, so it's better in that regard, but the rest might be worse.

Excellent thank you very much @Daweii

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So @Daweii and @Designer1

I just went onto the menu and i dont think i have enchantment as when i go down the boxes are greyed out and it says to unlock complete sorcerer  legacy of the magi

Im guessing this is the reason

That's your class quest. When you complete it you'll unlock the enchantment slots. Those slots can be a decent source of power depending which spells you put in the slots, but it's good to have them unlocked either way. 

So ive got the enchantments ans those have been a absolute game changer my sorcerer is super strong ans im hardly dying now

However some aspects of the game are still ridiculous. My brother is tye druid ans ti get the druid version of "enchantment" you have to do the mission spirit of the lost grove. You have to be level 15 minimum as a druid to unlock thia. So i go to hwlp him thinking with my new found bwaat mode and the mission is insanely hard.

I just don't get why they have made so many elemnets of the game so insanely hard. Also when you die with playing online to revive a partner it takes so long to do when you have 30 enemies fighting you and you cant revive them as you wnd up dying!

Think they have over did it with trying to make it challenging- it dies ruin the experience 

I think everyone's experience will be different for many different reasons tbh Dem.

Think I've died less than 20 times in total so far (hit Level 40 earlier).

Magnificent game imo. Really looking forward to Season 1 starting.

Edited by Designer1

11 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I think everyone's experience will be different for many different reasons tbh Dem.

Think I've died less than 20 times in total so far (hit Level 40 earlier).

Magnificent game imo. Really looking forward to Season 1 starting.

I think your right. I mean the combat style is great and i love the fighting but i think the main issue is the confusion with the loot whats good and whats not (if you and Daweii never told me i woildmt have had a clue) and also how you can do missions in any random order.

I mean if your bored try do that druid mission above as a druid when your level 15 ans you will see what i mean! Its crazily stupidly hard and thats with my super strong sorcerer. My enchantments are flame shield and fireball so the damage is extensive. I even managed to do that crazy hard boss that was going on about very easyon 1st go since ive levelled up my sorcerer

Â