Diablo 4

dubbs

6 hours ago, dubbs said:

I've just tried to play some more season 1 and I just can't do it. It's not fun anymore. They've totally messed up a perfectly good game by changing things that nobody asked for.

Might continue with my original character but at the moment I just can't go back to it.

Kind of where im at. It would have been so much better if you could use you existing charchter

Starting again from scatch is just lame

I've Been doing my old charchter as thats more enjoyable.  Did you manage to do thw level 70 capsule tower? Thats my main aim now to unlock toer 4

Why couldnt they have just created new tiers? Would have been much more enjoyable. But i agree they have **** this

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Kind of where im at. It would have been so much better if you could use you existing charchter

Starting again from scatch is just lame

I've Been doing my old charchter as thats more enjoyable.  Did you manage to do thw level 70 capsule tower? Thats my main aim now to unlock toer 4

Why couldnt they have just created new tiers? Would have been much more enjoyable. But i agree they have **** this

I think my main character is lower 60s level so if I do start playing again my first aim is to get to 70.

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I think my main character is lower 60s level so if I do start playing again my first aim is to get to 70.

Im level 67. I tried the 70 dungeon with one other and we xoulsnt do ut as it was so **** hard.

I might need a higherlevel l player ro join me as its gonna take me forever to get  tp level u0

• Like 1

On 28/07/2023 at 22:15, Demitri_C said:

Im level 67. I tried the 70 dungeon with one other and we xoulsnt do ut as it was so **** hard.

I might need a higherlevel l player ro join me as its gonna take me forever to get  tp level u0

The wife and I have got up to level 62 (rogue and sorcerer respectively) and whilst do love the Diablo games as we get to couch co op (getting rarer these days) the last couple of levels have been complete and utter dull grind. Really does feel that they have needed the XP side. Not bothered with season 1 stuff as will need to start new character etc. and can’t be bothered right now.

Like you, we at least want to unlock tier 4 and then take it from there. Tried the capstone at 61 and managed the first part ok but when we got to the collecting animus part, we just kept getting hammered. Has anyone done the capstone to tier 4 and if so what level did you manage to get it at?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

The wife and I have got up to level 62 (rogue and sorcerer respectively) and whilst do love the Diablo games as we get to couch co op (getting rarer these days) the last couple of levels have been complete and utter dull grind. Really does feel that they have needed the XP side. Not bothered with season 1 stuff as will need to start new character etc. and can’t be bothered right now.

Like you, we at least want to unlock tier 4 and then take it from there. Tried the capstone at 61 and managed the first part ok but when we got to the collecting animus part, we just kept getting hammered. Has anyone done the capstone to tier 4 and if so what level did you manage to get it at?

It's on hold for me until the 1.1.1 patch comes out next week. 

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Is that going to sort the XP issue?

Here you go

It's a big one (ken gif), Sorc and Barb buffs and lot's of other bits and pieces. I've been waiting for the Sorc buffs before I attempt to play any further in the main game as the last patch kinda broke the class as a viable option.

The Diablo IV team has been diligently monitoring your feedback. As we introduce patches to keep your experience in Sanctuary smooth, we will update the below list and denote whether the fixes are intended for PC, Xbox, PlayStation, or all platforms.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Here you go

It's a big one (ken gif), Sorc and Barb buffs and lot's of other bits and pieces. I've been waiting for the Sorc buffs before I attempt to play any further in the main game as the last patch kinda broke the class as a viable option.

Without question they have **** the sorcerer build. I should be killing enemies alot quicker than i am and its taking forever to level up. Im 69 done lots of helltides (really enjoy them) nightmare dungeons, tree of whisper tasks and im still nowhere near hitting level 70 and thats wil xp elixirs as well.

Also when i go ona  helltide and bunp into other players that are druids or rogues they are lower level than me but kill enemies quicker than me who is 10 levels more!

Cant wait for this patch ffs

Also ive given up on season 1.  Cant be bothered re starting. Hope for season 2 they let you use a existing build

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hope for season 2 they let you use a existing build

Zero chance of that - they've been doing Seasons for a long time now (they were in Diablo 2 but called Ladders) and are hugely popular with (most of) the player base.

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Zero chance of that - they've been doing Seasons for a long time now (they were in Diablo 2 but called Ladders) and are hugely popular with (most of) the player base.

Oh really. Lame

They losing so many gamers for that reason. They should give you two modes to let people have the option

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh really. Lame

They losing so many gamers for that reason. They should give you two modes to let people have the option

They aren't losing 'so many gamers.'

Like I said the Seasons have always been popular. Just because you're not a fan doesn't make them 'lame'.

Edited by Designer1

14 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

They aren't losing 'so many gamers.'

Like I said the Seasons have always been popular. Just because you're not a fan doesn't make them 'lame'.

Probably on a global scale no but i can speak from my circle of friends and they have all stopped playing for that very reason - if they didnt have to give up the charchter they out some much time in for the new story content they would have even more people playing it.

Afew other posters on here have also said they dont like the season 1. Looking online there is also alot of criticism for season 1. For me i think its lame but thats just my personal opinion. It was brilliant until season 1 started

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It was brilliant until season 1 started

But it's an optional mode.

Literally no-one forces the players to leave their Eternal Realm character and join Seasons. No-one.

I find it baffling that what is basically an additional mode that extends the gameplay of the main game (for those who hit a ceiling in the Eternal Realm) can get criticised.

I've used it to level my Hardcore character and have had a lot of fun with it. It's a perfect opportunity to have a crack at the other classes.

• Like 1

Just now, Designer1 said:

But it's an optional mode.

Literally no-one forces the players to leave their Eternal Realm character and join Seasons. No-one.

I find it baffling that what is basically an additional mode that extends the gameplay of the main game (for those who hit a ceiling in the Eternal Realm) can get criticised.

I've used it to level my Hardcore character and have had a lot of fun with it. It's a perfect opportunity to have a crack at the other classes.

I think the point im making it would be fun if they made additional content for your main story charchter as opposed to having to start again. I realky liked the extra content in season 1 but then when i got around to doing the other things over again (like the strongholds that you need level up a lot more again i just thought meh not doing that again with a super weak charchter) if that makes sense

Would be great if there was a option to do season 1 content as youd existing charchter on top of having the option that you are alluding to 😃

I tried the rogue (wasnt bad quite fun) necromancer didnt like that class at all.

Druid wasnt for me either as i like to fight at range 

So for me it would be sorcerer or rogue

5 hours ago, cyrusr said:

I have done the Tier 4 Capstone a few times since launch. I did it at Level 68 with my Pre-Season Druid, I did it at Level 56 on my Pre-Season Necromancer, and I did it on my Seasonal Necromancer at Level 62.

The main reason for the difference in level between the two Necromancers is Critical Damage and Vulnerable Damage were nerfed in the 1.1.0 update, and Bone Spear relies heavily on those two things. Plus, the Imperfectly Balanced passive node was broken in the 1.1.0 patch which left even more damage not being utilised. So, I effectively needed to get to Level 62 on the 1.1.0 patch to do similar damage to my Level 56 Pre-Season Necro. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Daweii said:

I have done the Tier 4 Capstone a few times since launch. I did it at Level 68 with my Pre-Season Druid, I did it at Level 56 on my Pre-Season Necromancer, and I did it on my Seasonal Necromancer at Level 62.

The main reason for the difference in level between the two Necromancers is Critical Damage and Vulnerable Damage were nerfed in the 1.1.0 update, and Bone Spear relies heavily on those two things. Plus, the Imperfectly Balanced passive node was broken in the 1.1.0 patch which left even more damage not being utilised. So, I effectively needed to get to Level 62 on the 1.1.0 patch to do similar damage to my Level 56 Pre-Season Necro. 

If you really want  achallenge try do it with a sorcerer. Im level 69 and still not strong enough. Ive got some absolutely awesome gear thats all 5 stars 13 health portions  and done the electric build ans best i can get is halfway through by myself.

It shows the ridiculous indifference in classes. Hopefully this gets sorted with the new update coming 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If you really want  achallenge try do it with a sorcerer. Im level 69 and still not strong enough. Ive got some absolutely awesome gear thats all 5 stars 13 health portions  and done the electric build ans best i can get is halfway through by myself.

It shows the ridiculous indifference in classes. Hopefully this gets sorted with the new update coming 

That would be a fun little challenge. Well, I say "little" when the only thing stopping me doing it is the fact that getting to Level 55-60 takes days without doing a mundane grind like doing 400 cellars back to back.

I definitely hope the 1.1.1 patch on August 8th makes some noticeable improvements to Sorcerer. I mean, I have seen Level 70 Sorcs finish Tier 100 Nightmare Dungeons on the 1.1.0 patch, so the Sorc isn't completely dead, but Blizzard made the mistake of balancing the game around the best players in the world rather than the players that are playing for a couple hours a night. The best players are playing Sorc like nothing changed, but that means the 99% that aren't the best players got kicked in the dick, so hopefully 1.1.1 is the start of that changing a bit.

Having this really frustrating issue with diablo 4. I am creating a post on the boards to get a random players to join my game to help with missions but then when i invite they get this error message 316748 and they can't join the game.  Its so infuriating 

Anyone had this? 

Edited by Demitri_C

• 3 weeks later...

Tried playing more of season one in this after taking a break.  I've come to the conclusion it's the character class that's ruined my enjoyment. When the game first came out I went for necromancer.  Really enjoyed how the build came together, nothing ever felt too easy or hard.  When season one started I went for a Rogue build and after getting to level 23 with it I still don't like it.  It just seems so underpowered and the lack of energy during mob fights is what gets me killed.  I'm sure in my necro build minions were a lot easier to kill than now.  

It's a real shame because I really liked this game before season one but my mistake has meant I'll probably leave it now until season 2.  I hope you have to start a new character when that starts too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dubbs said:

Tried playing more of season one in this after taking a break.  I've come to the conclusion it's the character class that's ruined my enjoyment. When the game first came out I went for necromancer.  Really enjoyed how the build came together, nothing ever felt too easy or hard.  When season one started I went for a Rogue build and after getting to level 23 with it I still don't like it.  It just seems so underpowered and the lack of energy during mob fights is what gets me killed.  I'm sure in my necro build minions were a lot easier to kill than now.  

It's a real shame because I really liked this game before season one but my mistake has meant I'll probably leave it now until season 2.  I hope you have to start a new character when that starts too.

I gave up on season 1 i just carried on doing missions on the normal game ans helltides.  Changed my sorcerer build from electric to ice. My character ia **** strong now but dies easier whoch is annoying 

Ive stopped now as getting abit bored with it. Maybe ill try season 2 ill see.

But didnt enjoy season 1 at all

Â