Diablo 4

dubbs

Couldn't find a topic that existed for this one so thought I'd start one up.  I know a few on here brought the early access edition but I couldn't justify it so I've picked it up on the way home from work.  Really enjoyed the beta and think I'm going to sink too many hours into this.  Going to start as a sorcerer because I always seem to go for strength builds given the option.  Hope to get online with you guys shortly and clean house in Hell!

• Like 1

How easy is it to get lost in side missions in this game?  Don't think I've progressed the story that much, just really enjoying exploring the world.  Took a couple of hours to click but I think I'm hooked!

25 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

How is this compared to Diablo III? I've owned that for years but never really played it, and cba to spend £60 on a new game right now. 

I'll be honest and say I didn't play D3 because of other stuff going on when it came out and then it just passed me by after things settled. The guy to ask is @Designer1

5 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Not paying 70 quid for this, ridiculous price for a downloaded piece of software with no distribution costs.

Game prices are just absurd.

Aren't most AAA titles on the store about the same price?

On 06/06/2023 at 17:30, dubbs said:

Couldn't find a topic that existed for this one so thought I'd start one up.  I know a few on here brought the early access edition but I couldn't justify it so I've picked it up on the way home from work.  Really enjoyed the beta and think I'm going to sink too many hours into this.  Going to start as a sorcerer because I always seem to go for strength builds given the option.  Hope to get online with you guys shortly and clean house in Hell!

Dubbs im enjoying it so far but **** me this games hard very hard. The combat system is great but  I dont like that they have made it this hard and you die so easily. I mean we did a boss and there was two of us and we were getting killed very easily. If thats two of us how the hell could one player do it?

Other thing i dont like is you only get 4 red medicines for life. That is not enough ffs!

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dubbs im enjoying it so far but **** me this games hard very hard. The combat system is great but  I dont like that they have made it this hard and you die so easily. I mean we did a boss and there was two of us and we were getting killed very easily. If thats two of us how the hell could one player do it?

Other thing i dont like is you only get 4 red medicines for life. That is not enough ffs!

You get more than 4 after you level up. I've only died a few times since hitting the 20ish mark tbh. As soon as you get some AOE abilities and start upgrading your gear it gets much easier. I've upped it to Tier 2 because I was one shotting most mobs.

I've you have issues with low health then get gems gear stats that give health on hit chance etc.

I've also been quite lucky with my gear as I've had a few Legendary drops which has helped.

Really, really good game so far.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

You get more than 4 after you level up. I've only died a few times since hitting the 20ish mark tbh. As soon as you get some AOE abilities and start upgrading your gear it gets much easier. I've upped it to Tier 2 because I was one shotting most mobs.

I've you have issues with low health then get gems gear stats that give health on hit chance etc.

I've also been quite lucky with my gear as I've had a few Legendary drops which has helped.

Really, really good game so far.

Thanks for the advice mate. What class chatchter you on? Im sorcerer and its really good fun. I didnt like the one that turns into a bear. Rubbish class. I think im on about level 15 at the mo and i been playing around with the skills to see whats more effective but have not got the balance right

Ive only unlocked three abilities 

• Like 1

I'm also at lvl 15 as a Necromancer.  Haven't really balanced my abilities properly yet either.  I like the army of the dead which supports this class but I'm mainly relying on my long range attack at the moment.  Struggled on the first boss because of my usual problem - no patience! Tempered my enthusiasm to push on and beat her second go.  Really really enjoying this so far.

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

I'm also at lvl 15 as a Necromancer.  Haven't really balanced my abilities properly yet either.  I like the army of the dead which supports this class but I'm mainly relying on my long range attack at the moment.  Struggled on the first boss because of my usual problem - no patience! Tempered my enthusiasm to push on and beat her second go.  Really really enjoying this so far.

Yeah i like fifhting from range thats why i went sorcerer. On diablo 3 i went for barbarian and it was hard against bosses as you cant fight at range

I did the 2nd boss and its literally impossible if your around level 15. There is enemies you need to kill in a rotating circle and fireballs everywhere so its almost impossible not to be hit.  You cant run aaay either as the borders burn up 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks for the advice mate. What class chatchter you on? Im sorcerer and its really good fun. I didnt like the one that turns into a bear. Rubbish class. I think im on about level 15 at the mo and i been playing around with the skills to see whats more effective but have not got the balance right

Ive only unlocked three abilities 

Sorcerer Lightning build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i like fifhting from range thats why i went sorcerer. On diablo 3 i went for barbarian and it was hard against bosses as you cant fight at range

I did the 2nd boss and its literally impossible if your around level 15. There is enemies you need to kill in a rotating circle and fireballs everywhere so its almost impossible not to be hit.  You cant run aaay either as the borders burn up 

Yeah I think that's the boss I was impatient with!

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Did you do it? I didnt end up doing it. Think im going to level up my player then come back

Yeah it was a matter of patience for me instead of my usual tactic of going in all guns blazing!

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Vhenard? He that was a tough one. Took me 3-4 goes iirc.

3 -4 times only?! I tried with one other 9 times. We do the first two couple parts but the third part is a absolute ****.  We kept dying.

What level was you when you did it?

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

3 -4 times only?! I tried with one other 9 times. We do the first two couple parts but the third part is a absolute ****.  We kept dying.

What level was you when you did it?

16-17 iirc.

Just finished the Hope's Light Stronghold in Scosglen. Really **** cool area and nice end of level boss. Up to 32 now.

Anyone done a World Boss yet? Looking forward to those encounters from the bits I've seen on gameplay videos.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Â