Diablo 4

dubbs

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah exactly this.

Season Tab > Season Journey > work your way through the objectives.

So i found a lil trick by accident if you want to level up quickly. As i forgot to skip campaign so i did the first bloody act again thinking it was the new story until i fought same boss 🤦‍♂️

But i  levelled up the level 10 quite quickly and now im doing the maglinant stuff 

EDIT also rogues not bad getting use to it. Still prefer sorcerer but this isnt bad either

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

I think Rogue is way better than Sorcerer in its current state. The build I'm using is absolutely OP and nothing can even get close enough to kill me.

Really enjoying playing in Hardcore mode. So much more satisfying as an experience. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I think Rogue is way better than Sorcerer in its current state. The build I'm using is absolutely OP and nothing can even get close enough to kill me.

Really enjoying playing in Hardcore mode. So much more satisfying as an experience. 

Sorcerer is in such a bad state that they will be rolling out patch 1.1.1 in two weeks to help the class out a bit. 

Every Sorc build has gone from A-tier at best to B-tier, with many of them languishing down in C and D-tier. The class has almost no damage, and almost zero survivability at end game. 

On the plus side, Blizzard have stated they will never do a patch like the most recent 1.1.0 patch. In the future if they are to nerf things, they will also buff things in return. They are well aware that the most recent 1.1.0 patch was a kick in the dick for their player base. 

PS. The current best classes in the game right now are Rogue, Necro and Druid. Those classes make up 95% of the best builds in the game right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Sorcerer is in such a bad state that they will be rolling out patch 1.1.1 in two weeks to help the class out a bit. 

Every Sorc build has gone from A-tier at best to B-tier, with many of them languishing down in C and D-tier. The class has almost no damage, and almost zero survivability at end game. 

On the plus side, Blizzard have stated they will never do a patch like the most recent 1.1.0 patch. In the future if they are to nerf things, they will also buff things in return. They are well aware that the most recent 1.1.0 patch was a kick in the dick for their player base. 

PS. The current best classes in the game right now are Rogue, Necro and Druid. Those classes make up 95% of the best builds in the game right now.

Thats mad. So your saying that i did unbelievabley well then to actually do the end game content with Sorcerer? So really with rogue should be abit easier

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats mad. So your saying that i did unbelievabley well then to actually do the end game content with Sorcerer? So really with rogue should be abit easier

Sorcerer had some decent builds and decent enough survivability until the 1.1.0 patch on July 18th for Season 1, which affected Sorcerer the most. So, for the most part you were unaffected by this as Sorcerer was fine for pretty much all of the last 6 weeks. Sorcerer has only been a huge mess for the last 4-days or so.

I also need to state that endgame is pretty broad. Sorcerer as it stands today can likely do a good amount of the endgame, but it depends what you consider to be the games true endgame. For some, that's just getting to World Tier 4 and levelling to 70-80. To others it's getting to Level 100 and fighting the pinnacle boss. To another set of people it's pushing Tier 100 (Level 154) Nightmare Dungeons. Sorcerer in its current state can probably get to Level 80-90 just fine, but beyond that will likely require a decent amount of skill as most things will one shot the Sorcerer beyond Level 90. 

That said, I still think you did well to get to endgame content with pre-patch Sorcerer, as outside of the Ice Shards build it wasn't the easiest ride compared to other classes. Unfortunately it's now 10x harder to take a Sorcerer deep into endgame since the patch on July 18th.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daweii said:

Sorcerer had some decent builds and decent enough survivability until the 1.1.0 patch on July 18th for Season 1, which affected Sorcerer the most. So, for the most part you were unaffected by this as Sorcerer was fine for pretty much all of the last 6 weeks. Sorcerer has only been a huge mess for the last 4-days or so.

I also need to state that endgame is pretty broad. Sorcerer as it stands today can likely do a good amount of the endgame, but it depends what you consider to be the games true endgame. For some, that's just getting to World Tier 4 and levelling to 70-80. To others it's getting to Level 100 and fighting the pinnacle boss. To another set of people it's pushing Tier 100 (Level 154) Nightmare Dungeons. Sorcerer in its current state can probably get to Level 80-90 just fine, but beyond that will likely require a decent amount of skill as most things will one shot the Sorcerer beyond Level 90. 

That said, I still think you did well to get to endgame content with pre-patch Sorcerer, as outside of the Ice Shards build it wasn't the easiest ride compared to other classes. Unfortunately it's now 10x harder to take a Sorcerer deep into endgame since the patch on July 18th.

I gotta say im noticing difference already with the rogue. Im at around level 16 and im killing people alot easier than at that level as a sorcerer. 

I didnt really notice it until after you said it. I still prefer sorcerer as its more fun but hoping this new oatch will bring this class to others as with season 2 i wanna go back to sorcerer

I do notice on Helltide my charchter is not killing as easy as othee builds when i experience them on that. So definitely a issue

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What you guys think of this season 1? Ive done all the 1st part challenges and now doing the 2nd part

Feels abit meh to be honest 

I don't like the fact you have to start a new character to take part.  Not really enjoying the rogue build at the moment.  I'm lvl 22 but seems really underpowered in most encounters.  If it's going to be like this every season I don't know how long I'll stick with it 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

What you guys think of this season 1? Ive done all the 1st part challenges and now doing the 2nd part

Feels abit meh to be honest 

I'm really enjoying it tbh. Not sure if that's the content though, or the fact I'm relishing the challenge of playing a Hardcore character.

Helps that the Rogue is so much fun (this build is brilliantly versatile).

So yeah, I'll keep at it as I want the Plat eventually. 

57 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I don't like the fact you have to start a new character to take part.  Not really enjoying the rogue build at the moment.  I'm lvl 22 but seems really underpowered in most encounters.  If it's going to be like this every season I don't know how long I'll stick with it 

I have to say though mate i can see the strength differences between sorcerer and rogue. Rogues alot stronger but its more fun as a sorcerer. I do agree its really annoying you should have option of keeping your existing charchter on a harder setting or easier starting from scratch. 

I also dont like that i have to do re do strongholds that ive already done. Thats annoying. Its like your repeating old shit. Thats very lame in my opinion. Id rather poke my eyes out than do that nostrava strong hold again

Yeah ill be honest ill prob see how season 1 plays out but can imagine by time season 2 hits i might move on from this game.

I also dont like these maglinant hearts its **** confusing as ****. Why not just change the gems around?

• Like 1

I'm pretty much done with Season 1.

I finished the seasonal story, I'm almost at the end of chapter 4 on the seasonal journey (not that it's the end of that), and I had the fortune and misfortune of finding the 3 hearts I needed, so my build is pretty much complete at Level 33. Now, there is more to do of course, but I am struggling to find the motivation to grind out the levels just to get to WT3/WT4, to get upgrades of the hearts I already have just so I can see what they're like at Level 70+. I don't know if I have it in me to put 80+ hours into this seasonal character.

I'm an ARPG veteran. I have played almost every season in Path of Exile, I have played every season in Diablo 3, and yet something about this season in Diablo 4 just isn't really grabbing me. 

37 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I'm pretty much done with Season 1.

I finished the seasonal story, I'm almost at the end of chapter 4 on the seasonal journey (not that it's the end of that), and I had the fortune and misfortune of finding the 3 hearts I needed, so my build is pretty much complete at Level 33. Now, there is more to do of course, but I am struggling to find the motivation to grind out the levels just to get to WT3/WT4, to get upgrades of the hearts I already have just so I can see what they're like at Level 70+. I don't know if I have it in me to put 80+ hours into this seasonal character.

I'm an ARPG veteran. I have played almost every season in Path of Exile, I have played every season in Diablo 3, and yet something about this season in Diablo 4 just isn't really grabbing me. 

Yeah its been a bit underwhelming foe me i mist admit. I much more enjoy doing the helltides than the season 1 content ive already done the story stuff that was pretty straight forward 

I think season 1s been a bit of a let down

• Like 2

Yeah kind of getting bored with this diablo season 1 now. I tried a dungeon its suppose to adjust to your level and its **** ridiculously impossible.

Then i tried somwthing else where i had to get 3 books. [2 are in strongholds that are 1 is for level 30 and the other 45] went in and got wiped in 2 minutes as im only level 24.

Not feeling this at all. Ive already done 1, and 2 and half of 3 yet i feel no sense of accomplishment like i did with original game.

Think im just gonna stick to my original game with Sorcerer and do helltides and nightmare dungeons. Then my aim is to do the tower where you got to be level 70. 

• Like 1

How you guys finding the latest patch update? For me they have really **** this game.

My sorcerer seems weaker than before the update. Also thwy have made the helltides more ridiculously harder and now some chests are 250 cynders! Add tp that more enemies that are stronger and easier to die. I hate the fact you lose half your cynders when you die thats really really shit

Its shit. Blizzard really are taking the fun out of the game

Edited by Demitri_C

50 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How you guys finding the latest patch update? For me they have really **** this game.

My sorcerer seems weaker than before the update. Also thwy have made the helltides more ridiculously harder and now some chests are 250 cynders! Add tp that more enemies that are stronger and easier to die. I hate the fact you lose half your cynders when you die thats really really shit

Haven't played it much this week. Heard a new patch was coming out and hoped it would resolve some of the previous mistakes but from what you're saying they've made it worse.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

9 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Haven't played it much this week. Heard a new patch was coming out and hoped it would resolve some of the previous mistakes but from what you're saying they've made it worse.

The latest patch was nothing to do with game balance, it was mostly bug fixes.

The big balance patch where they are supposedly sorting out Sorcs and Barbs will be released sometime the next few weeks.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2

It's the 1.1.0 patch from July 18th that brought on many of the issues that people are currently having with the game. Those issues are as follows;

• Sorcerer not feeling great to play. It was already made of glass due to resistances being completely broken (fix for that coming in Season 2), but the other nerfs to defensive aspects and nerfs to crit damage, cooldown, and vulnerable definitely didn't help.
  • The nerf to overall XP gain from pretty much all content.
    • Running strongholds, not completing them, leaving game, and re-logging was a great levelling strategy, but the nerf to XP for mobs higher level than the player impacted that massively. It went from a 20-25% boost to XP, to a 1.5-4.5% boost. 
    • Running Helltide was also impacted by this. 1.1.0 made all mobs in Helltide +3 levels above the player which pre-patch would have been a 25% boost to XP, but it's now a 4.5% boost to XP.
    • Nightmare Dungeons again are impacted by this. The 1.1.0 update made it so that the XP boost scales up to mobs +10 levels higher, so the only way to get close to pre-patch XP is to fight mobs +10 levels higher for a 15% boost to XP.
  • The nerf to Helltide with mysterious chests requiring 250 cinders.
  • Many nodes on the skill twig were also bugged. The 1.1.0c patch yesterday fixed many of them, but some like Imperfectly Balanced for Necro is still bugged. 

As @Designer1 stated there is a 1.1.1 patch coming in the coming days (likely next week) that will be setting out to address some of the concerns from the 1.1.0 patch. Some of those concerns are;

• Sorcerer and Barbarian balance. They didn't say if they would be balancing the classes at their core, but they did say they would be re-working some of their legendary aspects to make them more competitive with other classes.
  • 1.1.1 will also be buffing mob density in Nightmare Dungeons and Helltide. This should alleviate the XP nerfs somewhat in endgame as if you're killing thousands more mobs per dungeon then you're earning hundreds of thousands more XP as well. 
    • One side effect of this buff might be a harder game though. Crowd control effects are already insane, so making elite mob packs larger might just mean way more crowd control spam, and way more death, but we'll have to wait and see.  
  • An additional stash tab is said to be coming in the 1.1.1 update.
  • The respec cost is said to be 40% cheaper.
  • The required XP needed in the 50-100 levelling process will apparently be lowered.
  • The elixir stack size will be raised to 99. 

There are likely more changes planned for the 1.1.1 update and they'll be talking about it all on a livestream tomorrow at 7pm BST. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Halfway to 50 with my Hardcore character for the trophy.

Couple of narrow squeaks mostly down to minor lapses of concentration on my part, but its really good fun knowing one bad move/choice and it's all over 😬

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Daweii said:

It's the 1.1.0 patch from July 18th that brought on many of the issues that people are currently having with the game. Those issues are as follows;

• Sorcerer not feeling great to play. It was already made of glass due to resistances being completely broken (fix for that coming in Season 2), but the other nerfs to defensive aspects and nerfs to crit damage, cooldown, and vulnerable definitely didn't help.
  • The nerf to overall XP gain from pretty much all content.
    • Running strongholds, not completing them, leaving game, and re-logging was a great levelling strategy, but the nerf to XP for mobs higher level than the player impacted that massively. It went from a 20-25% boost to XP, to a 1.5-4.5% boost. 
    • Running Helltide was also impacted by this. 1.1.0 made all mobs in Helltide +3 levels above the player which pre-patch would have been a 25% boost to XP, but it's now a 4.5% boost to XP.
    • Nightmare Dungeons again are impacted by this. The 1.1.0 update made it so that the XP boost scales up to mobs +10 levels higher, so the only way to get close to pre-patch XP is to fight mobs +10 levels higher for a 15% boost to XP.
  • The nerf to Helltide with mysterious chests requiring 250 cinders.
  • Many nodes on the skill twig were also bugged. The 1.1.0c patch yesterday fixed many of them, but some like Imperfectly Balanced for Necro is still bugged. 

As @Designer1 stated there is a 1.1.1 patch coming in the coming days (likely next week) that will be setting out to address some of the concerns from the 1.1.0 patch. Some of those concerns are;

• Sorcerer and Barbarian balance. They didn't say if they would be balancing the classes at their core, but they did say they would be re-working some of their legendary aspects to make them more competitive with other classes.
  • 1.1.1 will also be buffing mob density in Nightmare Dungeons and Helltide. This should alleviate the XP nerfs somewhat in endgame as if you're killing thousands more mobs per dungeon then you're earning hundreds of thousands more XP as well. 
    • One side effect of this buff might be a harder game though. Crowd control effects are already insane, so making elite mob packs larger might just mean way more crowd control spam, and way more death, but we'll have to wait and see.  
  • An additional stash tab is said to be coming in the 1.1.1 update.
  • The respec cost is said to be 40% cheaper.
  • The required XP needed in the 50-100 levelling process will apparently be lowered.
  • The elixir stack size will be raised to 99. 

There are likely more changes planned for the 1.1.1 update and they'll be talking about it all on a livestream tomorrow at 7pm BST. 

Thats great thanks mate. Ivw just gone back to my sorcerer im bored of season 1.  I want to do the level 70 fallen temple. I tried it againt yasteeday got half way but just kept dyring as im on level 67

Im determined to do this shit!!

• Like 2

I've just tried to play some more season 1 and I just can't do it. It's not fun anymore. They've totally messed up a perfectly good game by changing things that nobody asked for.

Might continue with my original character but at the moment I just can't go back to it.

• Like 1

Â