NOW TV/Sky Sports

mjmooney

Did anybody else who bought a one day pass on Sunday get this email? 

Thanks for your recent purchase. You may have seen that we’re currently offering a NOW Sports Mobile Membership for 6 months as a bundle with Sports Day Membership purchases. We didn’t want you to miss out, so we’ve added this membership to your account.

You don’t need to do anything to get your membership – simply log in to the NOW app on your phone and start watching. 6 months from today, your membership will automatically be cancelled, so you won’t be charged anything.

If you haven’t watched on your smartphone before, you’ll need the Android or iOS app. Just hit the button below to download it from your app store.

Your NOW Sports Mobile Membership gives you access to five Sky Sports channels (Sky Sports Premier League, News, Racing, Action and Arena) from your smartphone only.

I have one of these now TV sports deals for mobile only. One word of warning it's just premier league no cup games or championship games.

I have used the mu mu Android emulator on my PC and the app will run on the big screen.

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

I have one of these now TV sports deals for mobile only. One word of warning it's just premier league no cup games or championship games.

I have used the mu mu Android emulator on my PC and the app will run on the big screen.

Even so, it seems like a pretty good (and unexpected) deal. Obviously, the close season is a blank, but next season's Premier League up to the end of November for free is OK. I'm just looking for the catch. 

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Even so, it seems like a pretty good (and unexpected) deal. Obviously, the close season is a blank, but next season's Premier League up to the end of November for free is OK. I'm just looking for the catch. 

There's no catch, other than the size of a phone screen to watch the channels.

I guess they think those channels will be fairly quiet for a couple of months anyway and giving a few free months of PL might tempt people into getting the rest of the season.  It's a bit annoying that my Sky deal has gone up a lot, the TV during my contract and my broadband from July.  I might use this as ammunition when I ring the cancellation line.

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Keeping an eye on the new tnt channel in the summer to see what deals they will have- now Villa are in Europe again.

That’s a great point, I get “BT Sports” bundled with an old Virgin  Package they keep giving me discounts on. The plan is to finally bin them off in March when the current contract ends but of course Villa will still be going strong in Europe by that point.

1 hour ago, stuart_75 said:

The only work around to get the stream on a larger screen is an Android emulator on the PC, not all work mind you.

My TV is Android. 

Â