Midweek Football 9/12 January

andykeenan

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m not watching the game but it looks very much like a “sacked in the morning” type result 

Not sure, they have a home game on Sunday v Palace so think that's the death knell game for him if they don't win. Stamford Bridge will certainly become very toxic and I think with Liverpool away after that will be that.

7 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

All he needs to do is successfully coach £2 billion worth of talent, most of whom are not injured.

Reece James, Chilwell, Kante and to lesser extent Fofana are all massive misses for him though.

I actually though for an hour there was big potential in the front three they played but now Felix is out for three matches and you simply can't legislate for that as a coach.

With the further injuries probably means they'll go back to Aubameyang and him sprinting on at full time to have a joke with Bernd Leno kind of shows his continual commitment to the cause, I can't quite believe Chelsea signed him permanently from Barca.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Reece James, Chilwell, Kante and to lesser extent Fofana are all massive misses for him though.

I actually though for an hour there was big potential in the front three they played but now Felix is out for three matches and you simply can't legislate for that as a coach.

With the further injuries probably means they'll go back to Aubameyang and him sprinting on at full time to have a joke with Bernd Leno kind of shows his continual commitment to the cause, I can't quite believe Chelsea signed him permanently from Barca.

If you are asking us to feel sorry for Chelsea, with their 21st century net spend of billions more than any other team apart from Man City, we simply cannot and will not. Firstly, the only impression Felix gave in the World Cup Finals was of being a nasty little cheat. As he proved tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Bloody hell, Cucurella keeps getting worse every game. He’s a nightmare defensively, makes the wrong decisions, gives the ball away repeatedly and can’t even control a football. It’s like watching the Stevenage version of Leon Bailey trying his luck as wingback.

I'm not sure  that buying players based on how well they play for Brighton is a good idea - it doesn't seem to be a transferable skill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm not sure  that buying players based on how well they play for Brighton is a good idea - it doesn't seem to be a transferable skill.

To think we nearly got Bissouma over Kamara

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A bit like Brentford for us. When you take a player from a team who’s so well coached into a system that it exceeds the sum of its parts, the chance of said player continuing the form is low. Especially when you plonk them in a totally different system. 

• Like 2

Â