Horse Racing: Jumps

Kingman

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

She had a few big wins lately. She’s only started regularly betting on the horses the last month. She keeps winning though. 

I've lost where you're at in your domestic situation. Are you all happy and on the right side of your either clairvoyant or lucratively lucky in-law? :)

Edited by snowychap

21st Mar CORK 14:10 2M HURDLE 2m - Each Way 9. Quinns Red Rose 3/1 E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

21st Mar CORK 14:45 2M HURDLE 2m - Each Way 5. Landofhopeandglory 9/4 E/W Terms: 1/4 Odds | 2 Places

21st Mar CORK 15:15 2M 4F HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way 5. Lord Schnapps 33/1 E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

21st Mar CORK 17:30 2M NH FLAT 2m - Each Way 8. Robin Des Sivola 8/1 E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

Couple of interest for tonight, 4 places with a few firms!..  

22nd Mar DUNDALK 20:45 1M 2 1/2F HCAP 1m 2f 150yds - Each Way
1. Machiavelli 33/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places 

22nd Mar DUNDALK 20:45 1M 2 1/2F HCAP 1m 2f 150yds - Each Way
3. Exclusive Waters 40/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places
  • Thanks 1

So I have picked a shortlist of 8 for the National in 2 weeks and will see how many of that 8 remain after the final declarations are announced.

Tiger Roll looks a strong decent favourite at @ 4/1 them odds are poor imo, and that's with 81 horses still entered!

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So I have picked a shortlist of 8 for the National in 2 weeks and will see how many of that 8 remain after the final declarations are announced.

Tiger Roll looks a strong decent favourite at @ 4/1 them odds are poor imo, and that's with 81 horses still entered!

Shocking odds. I won’t be anywhere near him . 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Shocking odds. I won’t be anywhere near him . 

Too short and I cannot remember an anti-post national favourite ever being this low. 

Yep them odds are very poor and if he remains in the field at that price it will be an E/W nstional for me instead.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Too short and I cannot remember an anti-post national favourite ever being this low. 

Yep them odds are very poor and if he remains in the field at that price it will be an E/W nstional for me instead.

Only one winner in the past 35 years had won or placed in the previous season's Grand National, so you'd want bigger than 4/1 to break that trend.

Theres only been one winner in the last 11 years who had even run in the race before.

Hoping Bet365 do their offer of half stake back for every each way bet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andym said:

Only one winner in the past 35 years had won or placed in the previous season's Grand National, so you'd want bigger than 4/1 to break that trend.

Theres only been one winner in the last 11 years who had even run in the race before.

Yep can’t watch it this year so I’ll just be looking to match bet the offer. Having such a short favourite is great for the lay stake.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Damn missed this one. Keep em coming!

23rd Mar THURLES 15:30 2M 7 1/2F HCAP HURDLE 2m 7f 59yds - Each Way 4. Too Much To Ask 25/1 E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places

23rd Mar LINGFIELD 15:45 HANDICAP 0m 5f 6y - Each Way 10. Shining Armor 16/1 E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

23rd Mar NEWBURY 17:35 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 0f 92y - Each Way 6. Holryale 20/1 E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places

• Thanks 1

On 23/03/2019 at 10:49, andym said:

If you do the bet365 site offer of half back you basically get to place £375 of bets for a layout of £250, which means you can bet on every horse in the race with a guaranteed win. Only trouble is, Tiger Roll is too short and really poor value considering it only won be a head last year. 

Personally, I really can't wait to see what One For Arthur does. It hacked up in the race 2 years ago and the weight it's carrying now would not be enough to stop it if in the same form. But, he's had the long injury lay-off and also unseated in both starts this season. The ground is also turning against it as the horse wants soft ground. 

A horse I really like the look of is Rathvinden. It won a 4 miler at Cheltenham festival last season and interestingly been set up for the National this year. It out-battled Ms Parfois in that race last year and they meet on similar terms so that gives Ms Parfois a squeak too bearing in mind she stays all day. Only issue for her is the drying ground too but I think Rathvinden won't mind it too much. 

One horse that stands out a mile on good or good to soft ground is Minella Rocco. For me, that horse has it all. It won the 4 mile novice chase at the Cheltenham festival 3 years ago, beating Native River (won a Gold Cup, Hennessy and Welsh National since), Vicente (won 2 Scottish nationals since), Vieux Lion Rouge (4th in Grand National) and Pleasant Company (2nd in Grand National). He also came 2nd in the Gold Cup (again ahead of Native River) 2 years ago. He's had injury problems since but largely ran on unsuitable ground and is now rated a stone lighter than after the Gold Cup 2nd. He's still only 9 years old and lightly raced for his age. If he's in good health and gets his ground, for me, he's the best horse in the race. Jonjo O'Neill and JP MacManus are plotters and it wouldn't surprise me to see that they've campaigned this horse specifically for the National. 

If the ground is good to soft and it's dry on the day, my first two would be Minella Rocco and Rathvinden. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Thanks 2

Â