Baseball 2023

El Zen

On 26/12/2022 at 14:26, El Zen said:

Now there’s an issue with Correa’s medical with the Mets as well. Reports say they are now ‘working through things’ so he might still sign with them, but something’s not right. 

Aaaand now he’s apparantly going back to Minny for 6/200 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2023 at 02:00, maqroll said:

Edwin Diaz, brutal.

Ouch! Missed that. 

Looks like Anthony Volpe (SS, Yanks #1, #5  overall) looks set to make the Opening Day roster. Start of a new era in the Bronx? Kid looks the real deal. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I haven’t been as switched on to the baseball in 2023, for different reasons, but I can’t not mention Domingo German’s perfect game at Oakland last night. Didn’t watch it live, but even watching the highlights I felt the suspsense before the final out. 

A perfecto is such an insane feat. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2023 at 17:53, MaVilla said:

is baseball still declining rapidly in terms of viewers/attendance?

They've added a pitch clock to speed the game up, and it's been well received by fans. They still still have problems though. 

On 10/07/2023 at 11:19, maqroll said:

They've added a pitch clock to speed the game up, and it's been well received by fans. They still still have problems though. 

And plays like the one you posted above is what the game needs more of. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The pitcher is an idiot

Yeah, absolutely, but fair play for having the awareness and guts to go for it. More of that, please. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Yeah, absolutely, but fair play for having the awareness and guts to go for it. More of that, please. 

Yeah, if they could incentivize small ball more it could potentially transform the sport into something much more compelling. Like if a game is locked in a tie after ten innings, whichever team has more stolen bases wins, and stealing third and home are incrementally worth more. It would add a fascinating new strategic dynamic to game management and make playoff games even more intense.

Edited by maqroll

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yeah, if they could incentivize small ball more it could potentially transform the sport into something much more compelling. Like if a game is locked in a tie after ten innings, whichever team has more stolen bases wins, and stealing third and home are incrementally worth more. It would add a fascinating new strategic dynamic to game management and make playoff games even more intense.

I agree small ball is more entertaining and should be incentivized, but I’m already uneasy with the runner on second for in extras, and would be very weary of changing the fundamentals of how the game is scored and won. 

I like the bigger bases, though, and I’m leaning positive on the shift ban as well. 

• 4 weeks later...
Â