Baseball 2023

El Zen

Yeah, Bloom doesn’t appear to know what he’s trying to do. Half measures all the way. 

Rodon, Correa, Swanson the biggest names still on the board, unless I’ve missed someone.

I hope the Yanks go for Rodon and re-sign Ben in 10D. Having Correa at short for a year would be great, and they need upgrades at both short and third, but they’ve got some interesting kids on the cusp of being ready/already ready to fill those spots. Not sure if Rodon and a healthy Benny is enough to compete with Houston, but of course the cheating Astros are without Verlander now, which might make them less formidable. 

10D to CWS for 5/75. Wouldn’t have minded him as the Yankees left fielder, but not on a five year deal. 

Joey Gallo to Minny for 1/11, which should be about a buck fifty per strikeout. I hope he turns it around, but his at bats are about the most painfully helpless things I’ve seen in a Yankee uniform. 

Michael Brantley set to return to Houston for 1/12. This FA class is quickly running out of LHH outfielders. 

The Yanks might need to find their LF via trade, or some dark horse in-house candidate from the farm. 

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Bloom had Betts, Xander and Devers anchoring what should've been a dynasty.

He's let Betts go for scraps and Xander for nothing. Unacceptable. 

Watch Devers go next.

Good job he’s got the replacement lined up a year in advance, then. Justin Turner (38) is one for the future 🤦‍♂️

I just don’t get signing a fairly expensive, very old player in your best player’s position. They wouldn’t trade Devers, surely? I get that Turner can and will DH a lot, but he won’t make Boston a contender anyway, so what’s the point? 

If they end up letting Devers go, after Mookie and Xander, there’ll be riots in Boston and rightfully so. 

On 14/12/2022 at 10:19, El Zen said:

Correa to the Giants. 13/350. As good a player as he is, that’s a lot of years for a SS with back issues. 

Holy shit! Something came up in Correa’s physical with the Giants, and now he’s suddenly heading to the Mets for 12/315 😳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Zen said:

Holy shit! Something came up in Correa’s physical with the Giants, and now he’s suddenly heading to the Mets for 12/315 😳

Yep, I saw that. Perfect Mets signing 

Now there’s an issue with Correa’s medical with the Mets as well. Reports say they are now ‘working through things’ so he might still sign with them, but something’s not right. 

Â