VT slow loading/lagging.

MaVilla

Question

Hey;

For the last week or so, possibly more, i have noticed VT loading pages really, really slowly, or lagging.

Its not my internet or browser as other pages load fine and at a speed i would normally expect, so its definitely a VT issue, i am aware that at least one other person said they have also experienced the VT site lagging/loading slowly.

Could it be down to increased website traffic after Emery's appointment?, are you aware of the site loading slowly/lagging?

thanks.

11 answers to this question

i tried the clear cache/cookies, doesnt help.

tbh, every now and again it works just fine, but right now i would say 80% of the time the website loads painfully slow.

I have also seen the "site unavailable" message 3-4 times in the last couple of weeks (same as @KentVillan)

nothing else amazon wise is running slow for me.

Edited by MaVilla
15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Hey;

For the last week or so, possibly more, i have noticed VT loading pages really, really slowly, or lagging.

Its not my internet or browser as other pages load fine and at a speed i would normally expect, so its definitely a VT issue, i am aware that at least one other person said they have also experienced the VT site lagging/loading slowly.

Could it be down to increased website traffic after Emery's appointment?, are you aware of the site loading slowly/lagging?

thanks.

None of my monitoring suggests any problems. We are on Amazon's infrastructure, is any of the Amazon stuff running slowly for you? Like Prime TV?

The site isn't busier after the managerial change. It was for a couple of days, but that's it.

Did clearing your cookies and cache help at all? (As er the red ink instructions at the top of this forum.) Did you try another device or network connection?

An update was applied today. There's nothing listed which might affect this, but it might have helped.

Please all read the reed ink at the top of the page and supply the requested information. Also, some specific times when it occurred might help. At the moment it seems to be affecting a very small number of people and is intermittent. I haven't seen it yet.

21 minutes ago, limpid said:

An update was applied today. There's nothing listed which might affect this, but it might have helped.

Please all read the reed ink at the top of the page and supply the requested information. Also, some specific times when it occurred might help. At the moment it seems to be affecting a very small number of people and is intermittent. I haven't seen it yet.

it has been better today so far.

thanks.

Randomly Slow for me as well (iPhone 14)

tried wi-if and mobile data

safari and  Edge  browsers 

cleared charge , cookies etc 

Was trying to access the Tv show  thread about 10 mins back and page took about a minute to load , went out and back in and still slow 

no issue at work on my desktop for any pages

edit : after posting this I went to the TV show thread and it went straight in , came back to update this post and after hitting “edit” the page took about a minute to load before I could enter this text 

Edited by LancsVillan
test
  • Like 1

Almost seems slightly redundant to post it now as the problem appears to have been fixed.

But for me, the problem initially presented itself as tweets or images not loading, just a light grey box. 

I cleared my cookies/cache. That meant I had to log back in, but the three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner which produces a drop down of various links - completely unresponsive.

In order to log in, I did a Google search for “VillaTalk login” and was able to sign in that way. However, the three lines icon was still unresponsive (as was the little + icon below it).

I tried viewing the site on different devices. Same result. Incidentally, while I could see that there were multiple users on line, the most recent post hadn’t been posted in 10 or so hours.

For me, if I wanted to post it would look like this - 

9B0552D6-5796-4F0F-B4F3-A0879080F967.thumb.jpeg.4056b2b3ff19d39eb898df9f730a1785.jpeg

That thin grey horizontal box was were the usual text box was, nothing happened when I tapped on it.

Judging by some of the posts made, some people appear to think they weren’t affected, while others know they were.

Anyway, the problem appears to be rectified, I’m only typing this out just to confirm that there was an issue and whether there was an any obvious thing to do, other than to sit tight.

Edit - I was initially using my iPhone, I also tried viewing VT on my smart tv and as mentioned, there were no new posts showing on that either.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Almost seems slightly redundant to post it now as the problem appears to have been fixed.

But for me, the problem initially presented itself as tweets or images not loading, just a light grey box. 

I cleared my cookies/cache. That meant I had to log back in, but the three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner which produces a drop down of various links - completely unresponsive.

In order to log in, I did a Google search for “VillaTalk login” and was able to sign in that way. However, the three lines icon was still unresponsive (as was the little + icon below it).

I tried viewing the site on different devices. Same result. Incidentally, while I could see that there were multiple users on line, the most recent post hadn’t been posted in 10 or so hours.

For me, if I wanted to post it would look like this - 

9B0552D6-5796-4F0F-B4F3-A0879080F967.thumb.jpeg.4056b2b3ff19d39eb898df9f730a1785.jpeg

That thin grey horizontal box was were the usual text box was, nothing happened when I tapped on it.

Judging by some of the posts made, some people appear to think they weren’t affected, while others know they were.

Anyway, the problem appears to be rectified, I’m only typing this out just to confirm that there was an issue and whether there was an any obvious thing to do, other than to sit tight.

Edit - I was initially using my iPhone, I also tried viewing VT on my smart tv and as mentioned, there were no new posts showing on that either.

I don't think that this was the same problem the other posters have been reporting since the 4th. Please start a new thread for a new problem.

However, I'm pretty sure you are describing the problem that everyone has had for the last 11ish hours which should now be resolved.

• Thanks 1