'Who's your 2022-23 'sleeper' club in Europe?

Marka Ragnos

Who do you say will do much better than the critical media and social mediasphere consensus in European football this year (apart from us, of course)? This is That Club few rate, but who may just slog their way out of obscurity to become the surprises and darlings of the Continent? 

Think the plucky underdogs Barcelona might shut a few people up even thou they've not had millions to spend.

Some of their academy players like Lewandowski, Kessie, Kounde, Auba, Raphinha and so on might have breakthrough seasons this year. Would be fantastic if these Catalan freedom fighters who all play for the love of the game rather than money could win something for the club they've all supported since they were kids.

• Like 2

I don't think there's such a thing anymore thanks to football finances

The main leagues will be won by the main teams

The CL places will go to the CL clubs 

But at least sky will once again sell the imaginary everyone is competing angle in the PL again 

The only small possibility I can see is maybe Sevilla take a dip with the sale of the 2 CBs and betis or sociedad step up and get 4th

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think there's such a thing anymore thanks to football finances

The main leagues will be won by the main teams

The CL places will go to the CL clubs 

But at least sky will once again sell the imaginary everyone is competing angle in the PL again 

The only small possibility I can see is maybe Sevilla take a dip with the sale of the 2 CBs and betis or sociedad step up and get 4th

Maybe Man Utd could sneak a CL place from one of the normal CL clubs 😂😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Roma could be an interesting team if Dybala and Tammy click up front

Did you catch this? Cray-fecking-Zee. This is the most UnEnglish thing I've ever witnessed on the face of the earth. It's like Dybala is the new Roman Emperor. These people are on a different football planet called Rome. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

11 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Did you catch this? Cray-fecking-Zee. This is the most UnEnglish thing I've ever witnessed on the face of the earth. It's like Dybala is the new Roman Emperor. These people are on a different football planet called Rome. 

That's one big waffle.  

• Like 1

Â