Fantasy NFL 2022-'23

maqroll

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Why do we start the playoffs this week when we could have done one more regular week?

The short answer is nobody requested a longer season this year. I could add it to the suggestions for next year, but the long answer may explain why we probably shouldn't.

The long answer: this is the standard (and almost universally agreed upon) length of fantasy season. The main reason for this is the amount of real life teams who bench half their starters in the final game week. Statistically, far more teams continue to put out their first team players in the penultimate week (although there are still some outliers here). Having the fantasy final in the same week as the final game of NFL regular season match-ups would potentially be a nightmare, roster-wise.

I understand wanting to prolong the fun/misery for an extra week, but I'm in several leagues this year and they all start their playoff games this week for this exact reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Why do we start the playoffs this week when we could have done one more regular week?

Last week of the season, teams rest their players. Means the final is usually a mess. 

• Like 1

Cracking week for me, two of my RBs look like they are out for the remainder of our season. 

I might be in the last four but I doubt I'll go any further. 

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

A losing record and out of the playoffs despite scoring the 4th most points 🤦‍♂️

Good luck to everyone in the playoffs, thanks for another season.

I had a similar story until my luck changed.

I think fantasy football is based much more on luck than baseball which requires more diligence and finesse. 

With Waller back I'm fully fit since early on, which probably means I'm going to lose 😆 

Â