NFL 2022 Draft Topic

Tegis

Chargers have a lot of holes to plug, RB2, edge 3, a speedster WR, CB 2 and the obvious one is RT

Can see it going one of two ways either a repeat of derwin James where someone like stingley drops inexplicably to 17th and it's a no brainer or they take penning just because he's such a positional fit even though he's not that good 

They might go WR but I honestly don't know which ones will be off the board or who it would be, Williams probably the best fit

The biggest challenge will be the 2 picks in round 3, got to get them right

Elsewhere the podcast I listen to loves zion Johnson so interested to see where he lands, someone will do something daft and trade up to get a QB, I've seen walker climbing up boards so jags fans need to brace themselves and bold prediction of the night is lions get that edge who did his Achilles who's name I can't spell at 32

Just now, villa4europe said:

Taking Walker rather than Hutchinson and then regretting it

We will regret drafting anybody not named Kyle Hamilton regardless of perceived positional value.

Every team is going to regret not taking somebody just like every draft. 

Jags fans don't need to brace for shit . We were born into the darkness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Brumerican said:

We will regret drafting anybody not named Kyle Hamilton regardless of perceived positional value.

I don't get why a top notch safety isn't perceived as high as a passrusher or a cornerback. They can shut down almost half a field if they are good. I struggle to see anybody drafted before Earl Thomas or Ed Reed having more impact than they had in their  heyday. Maybe Dwight Freeney, maybe Julius Peppers. Still borderline

Edited by Tegis
schpellingg

Just now, Tegis said:

I don't get why a top notch safety isn't perceived as high as a passrusher or a cornerback. They can shut down almost half a field if they are good. I struggle to see anybody drafted before Earl Thomas or Ed Reed having more impact than they had in their  heyday. Maybe Dwight Freeney, maybe Julius Petters. Still borderline

Oh absolutely. Especially in this pass heavy era.    For me Hamilton is the only 10/10 player in the draft .   

Ideally we trade down but the first pick this year is probably the lowest value it's ever been.

• Like 1

On 25/04/2022 at 19:32, Tegis said:

Draft time, rubbish QBs and everybody is looking to trade down

are the QB's really that bad ?

few pundits think Saints traded with the Eagles for 2 first round picks , so they can trade up to number 7 with the Giants  and get Matt Corral ? 

but I've also seen it suggested that they could take Pickett at 19 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

are the QB's really that bad ?

Consensus says so, which is what drives trades. There will inevitable be a good one in there but finding that one will be down to luck.

When you look at drafthistory it becomes oh so clear how difficult it is to project the development of a QB

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

Bailey Zappe just put up the greatest numbers in CFB history and got the highest Wonderlic score .  He's not even in most "analysts" top 10.

The vast majority of draft analysts and podcasters have never seen a college football game.

4 hours ago, Tegis said:

Consensus says so, which is what drives trades. There will inevitable be a good one in there but finding that one will be down to luck.

When you look at drafthistory it becomes oh so clear how difficult it is to project the development of a QB

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb

Haha, Brady at 199.

And why were Cleveland so shit at drafting QBs? 😂 

There's very little buzz about the RB class but it's pretty damn good and super deep IMO.    Whoever gets Dameon Pierce from Florida is getting an absolute steal at his current projection of Rd 5.   

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

There's very little buzz about the RB class but it's pretty damn good and super deep IMO.    Whoever gets Dameon Pierce from Florida is getting an absolute steal at his current projection of Rd 5.   

Chargers should 100% be picking one up in the 5th or 6th 

They'll kill ekeler at this rate 

Â