Places to go in the UK

Louis

Any good places to go to in the UK? I like photography as I have a Canon camera.

I’d like to go to the Lake District sometime but quite often in the summer months I go to Weymouth or maybe the Isle of Wight.

5 hours ago, Louis said:

Any good places to go to in the UK?

i quite like this website for unusual places in the UK  , I've linked to London but they cover further afield 

All Places in London - Atlas Obscura

if you get a travelcard for London you can do a lot of them quite easily in one day  , the church at St Dunstan is quite good on a sunny day for some photos , just around the corner form monument 

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

i quite like this website for unusual places in the UK  , I've linked to London but they cover further afield 

All Places in London - Atlas Obscura

if you get a travelcard for London you can do a lot of them quite easily in one day  , the church at St Dunstan is quite good on a sunny day for some photos , just around the corner form monument 

Ahh cheers for that. Any more recommendations is appreciated!

On 21/03/2022 at 08:49, Louis said:

Any good places to go to in the UK? I like photography as I have a Canon camera.

I’d like to go to the Lake District sometime but quite often in the summer months I go to Weymouth or maybe the Isle of Wight.

if you go to weymouth i presume you've been to the new forest? some beautiful scenery and nice walks

totally the opposite end of the country i'd thoroughly recommend the scottish highlands

28 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

totally the opposite end of the country i'd thoroughly recommend the scottish highlands

left hand side glen coe is prettier than the right hand side cairngorns IMO but the right hand side has better places to stay, the drive on the A82 is the best drive ive experienced in the uk, only place that came close was somewhere in the peak district maybe winnats pass, thought the peak district was underrated if im honest, not heard many people talking about it but thought it was really pretty there

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

if you go to weymouth i presume you've been to the new forest? some beautiful scenery and nice walks

Funnily enough I've never been to the New Forest. I like other places such as Southampton for the day or similar places like that.

I’ve moved to Bath from London in the last year, and it’s a really beautiful city which photographs very well. Lots of quiet back streets with Georgian buildings and then the main attractions such as the Roman Baths and the Royal Crescent 

• 2 weeks later...

Dungeoness would be spectacular for photography. Barren coastal wasteland, weird quirky coastal dwellings, huge nuclear power plant plonked contrasted with stunning natural scenery. Old boats everywhere. 

Â