The depredations of Villa's midtableness

Marka Ragnos

Eight points between us and Palace with twelve matches to go. I’ll be very disappointed if we finish 12th. I just don’t see it happening.

But 9th or 10th? Loads to play for against the likes of Fulham and Brentford. I think we’ll pip 10th.

• Like 4

Yeah! Villa come on, let's get that 10th place, at least! Well, for a mid-table team seven points from nine has got to be good, well done team for that. Strong recovery from those horrible three defeats in a row. 

(So Ingsy didn't score today afterall as so many of us were understandably predicting and just as well as if he had we'd have lost!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Brighton 7th - 5 points ahead plus 2 games in hand. Extremely difficult to catch.

Fulham 8th - 4 points ahead and played a game more. Surely can catch by end of season.

Brentford - 3 points ahead and 1 game in hand. Decent chance to overtake them. 

Chelsea - 2 point ahead and billion pound squad starting to win games. Small change to overtake them. 

Villa high chance to finish 10/11th, an outside chance to finish 8/9th, and an extremely unlikely but still possible chance to go finish 7th.

giphy.gif

I mean, yeah. But did you have to go and make it so plausible?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

3 points today would have gone a huge way in seeing us being bottom of the top 10 🙄

Seems we are just landlocked in 11th at the moment, that start has really mucked us up.

I'll own it, I was one of those people who was like "give him until the end of October." Of course, I think that was always going to happen the way it happened anyway. But you're right. We're paying now for that bad autumn... 

I think we are where we deserve to be, no more, no less.

UE has done remarkably well to make us harder to play against, after an underwhelming start, but there is still some way to go.

This team needs surgery, and it needs the players to be right, and make a tangible effect on our play.

We have signed a bunch of wingers and full backs over the years of questionable ability/quality, this has to improve drastically, IMO.

We have seen clubs with lesser resource than us, overtake us, through, better recruitment in the main.

We now have an Elite Manager, for the first time in years, maybe ever......we need to capitalise, by signing the right players to balance the squad and fire us up the league.

fingers crossed for the Summer.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ender4 said:

Brighton 7th - 5 points ahead plus 2 games in hand. Extremely difficult to catch.

Fulham 8th - 4 points ahead and played a game more. Surely can catch by end of season.

Brentford - 3 points ahead and 1 game in hand. Decent chance to overtake them. 

Chelsea - 2 point ahead and billion pound squad starting to win games. Small change to overtake them. 

Villa high chance to finish 10/11th, an outside chance to finish 8/9th, and an extremely unlikely but still possible chance to go finish 7th.

There's no way we will catch Chelsea. They had a bad first half of the season but are improving and will end up in Europe. Them and Liverpool. As I predicted when they were 9th and 10th place. Its just what they do. 

Every season there's all this talk of an exciting race for the title, Europe etc and every year it ends up the same. (Apart from West Ham)

It'll finish with Man City winning the league and Arsenal, Man U, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle filling the other top 7 places.

As for us, Fulham are catchable, Brentford too, but we aren't consistent enough. Could we get 10th? Yes. Will we? I'm not confident, but we will see.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

There's no way we will catch Chelsea. They had a bad first half of the season but are improving and will end up in Europe. Them and Liverpool. As I predicted when they were 9th and 10th place. Its just what they do. 

Every season there's all this talk of an exciting race for the title, Europe etc and every year it ends up the same. (Apart from West Ham)

It'll finish with Man City winning the league and Arsenal, Man U, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle filling the other top 7 places.

As for us, Fulham are catchable, Brentford too, but we aren't consistent enough. Could we get 10th? Yes. Will we? I'm not confident, but we will see.

I dunno - I'm still not convinced by them, although I think Potter is a good manager and they'll probably turn it around.  "No way", though?

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I dunno - I'm still not convinced by them, although I think Potter is a good manager and they'll probably turn it around.  "No way", though?

No I think Chelsea will finish several places higher than us in either 6th or 7th and we will finish 11th. I reckon they will end up a good 10 points clear of us.

If we want to finish 10th then it's Brentford/Fulham we need to catch. The Sky 6 always sort it out in the end. (Make that the Sky 7 now)

Â