• £250-£300
    • £551-£700
    • £451-£550
    • £401-£451
    • £351-£400
    • >£1101
    • £851-£1100
    • £701-£850

I just renewed my policy (for €452) and, granted, being in Ireland it'll be a different benchmark from the UK/USA/elsewhere but I'm still interested in what you all pay annually. Extra details like NCD, are you a crasher, years driving, engine will be interesting just to see differences :)

Came to just over a grand last year with no claims protection - NCD full five years

No crashes in last three years, three points - SP30 therefore irrelevant, Male

Oh yes here's why - TAXI DRIVER

over a thousand sadly

about 10 years no claims and no points or previous convictions

2.7 litre engine .

I think postcode can also make a difference if I lived in Hastings then my insurance would be cheaper

I pay an insurance company for my car insurance, and would recommend that you do the same.

Paying the milkman, for example, is likely to result in you being a few hundred quid worse off, with no insurance and probably no extra milk (or orange juice in milk bottles if they still make that stuff).

Ribble Ribble, f'tang, f'tang.

over a thousand sadly

about 10 years no claims and no points or previous convictions

2.7 litre engine .

I think postcode can also make a difference if I lived in Hastings then my insurance would be cheaper

That's alot for a poor man's Carrera isn't it?! :lol:

(Guessing what car you drive!)

Just over £250 p/a. Then my car is not very powerful and is quite modern. And not very desirable!

Nearly £900. Not even my policy. The car (Renault Clio) owned by my old man, i'm a named driver.

I'm not looking forward to renewal when i've got to disclose the three point on my licence for speeding. And when i eventually buy the car off my dad, i'll have to take the plunge and go on my own policy.

My renewal just came through at £330 including legal cover.

28, 4 years NCD and 3 points on the license (SP30). Car is a 1.4 Diesel Fiesta Zetec Climate (55 reg).

Was quite impressed with the renewal quote, I'm with Insure.co.uk by the way.

I'm not looking forward to renewal when i've got to disclose the three point on my licence for speeding.

Won't make a jot of difference

Trust me, having Taxi insurance and having had 3 points for speeding on a couple of occaisions, I'd notice any difference more than most. Three points for speeding does not impact on your premium. In fact I know this for a fact because I had to declare them theyear before last and I was going on holiday around renewal time and I wanted to sort it out early. I went to the brokers and they had the quote from my current insurers there already, I told them about the three points, lady in the office said she very much doubted it would make any difference but they'd have to inform the company about them but not to worry as the price would stay the same. She was right, it didn't change a single penny

As an aside, this may also be another nail in the governments arguement about people going over the speed limit being scum of the earth, if the insurance companies thought that people with speeding points posed anything like an increased risk, they hit you for the extra cash straight away

It is amazing though how many people think that their insurance will rocket when they get their first three pointer for speeding

That's alot for a poor man's Carrera isn't it?!

Being a family man i drive a Jag XF .. maybe not the car you had in mind ?

my brother has just brought a Cayman though so i'll use that one on him :-)

I'm not looking forward to renewal when i've got to disclose the three point on my licence for speeding.

Won't make a jot of difference

Trust me, having Taxi insurance and having had 3 points for speeding on a couple of occaisions, I'd notice any difference more than most. Three points for speeding does not impact on your premium. In fact I know this for a fact because I had to declare them theyear before last and I was going on holiday around renewal time and I wanted to sort it out early. I went to the brokers and they had the quote from my current insurers there already, I told them about the three points, lady in the office said she very much doubted it would make any difference but they'd have to inform the company about them but not to worry as the price would stay the same. She was right, it didn't change a single penny

As an aside, this may also be another nail in the governments arguement about people going over the speed limit being scum of the earth, if the insurance companies thought that people with speeding points posed anything like an increased risk, they hit you for the extra cash straight away

It is amazing though how many people think that their insurance will rocket when they get their first three pointer for speeding

Thats good news. I've always been under the impression they'd use it as the perfect excuse to increase your renewal premiums.

I think we do it via a broker, Express Insurance they're called. They do all the leg work etc and come back to you with the best deal. This years cheapest was with a company called Equity Red Star, never heard of them prior to las renewal.

Funny how the big insurance companies never come up as the cheapest, like your Direct Lines, Norwich Unions etc.

That's alot for a poor man's Carrera isn't it?!

Being a family man i drive a Jag XF .. maybe not the car you had in mind ?

my brother has just brought a Cayman though so i'll use that one on him :-)

Audi A6/ Jag or Porsche came up on google search on 2.7 litre!

Didn't think you would be old enough to drive a Jag?!

:lol:

£550 drive an Audi A6 04 reg, six penalty points and 4 years no claims

Nice car. Audi's are really nice cars, i'd love to own one, especially one of the RS range. Bet one of those would be pricey though!

What did you get your points for if you don't mind me asking? Speeding?

Â