• £551-£700
    • £451-£550
    • £401-£451
    • £351-£400
    • >£1101
    • £851-£1100
    • £701-£850

Alum Rock innit!

It's all about the bad roads/ non stops/ no insurance - more crashes more non stops more people can't afford insurance as premiuims go up and then more non stops and so on!

Yup. I'm probably the only person in B8 that has car insurance - hence it costs so much.

I don't even live in Alum Rock, I live in Ward End which just happens to share the post code.

Yup. I'm probably the only person in B8 that has car insurance - hence it costs so much.

:lol: so you have to pay for everyone's insurance!

check all the locals car insurances on that free website where you can check (i forget its name), and then report those who don't have insurance.

and as their cars get crushed, or they pay insurance, your insurance will start to come down! 8)

This is the website where you can check to see a car has insurance or not:

INSURANCE CHECK

Does anyone know if that's reliable? Just out of interest I checked a few numbers that I could see from my window. Less than half of them were insured according to that website.

Of course its not reliable, nor is the database the Police use either, lots of taxi drivers use weekly policies (for a variety of reasons), the police are forever stopping taxi drivers on such policies because their database is never up to date, impounding the car, at which point the driver has to pay something like 120 quid release fee (guilty of crime or not!), even if the driver has a policy document, the police still won't release the car until the database is showing the car as insured, (losing work in the process) and by the time the databse is updated, the insurance has run out again . You can see where this is going can't you

Check out quidco.com nexty time you buy any insurance, you can get £50 - £100 cashback just for using their link into the insurer you want to go with. I did a search on gocompare.com, found the cheapest (prililege) which was £361, for quidco member they pay £70 cashback for every policy sold. Making it £291 for the year! Log into quidco, search for privilege, click the link, buy the policy as normal.

Â