U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I have. 

Several times. 

We were told at the last meeting early in December that the club were in the process of building the necessary infrastructure for TV cameras. I'm pretty sure that's been completed, because its the same camera points they use for the highlights when they do them.

We played Reading in the Youth Cup and their coverage was superb, the full match on youtube with commentary, Leeds had two commentators and full match video. Palace had a former player helping a commentator on full video for £3.

We'll get a couple of tweets on a night when there hasn't been this much interest in our U23's for years, maybe decades.

i assume there must be a reason they arent pushing it?, after all Purslow etc arent silly?

I wonder if it could be something like "we dont actually want a spotlight on our youth", ie: easy scouting for people who might fancy them etc?

I dunno, im just trying to rationalise why some clearly very clever people at the club, dont seem to have a scooby about how much a small but dedicated group of fans would just love to watch our youth develop?, wouldnt it also showcase our youth setup to possible other youth we might wish to sign?

i dunno, im just bamboozled as to why no apparent input or desire goes towards our youth in terms of commentary/vids etc.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sigh. We can't even be arsed to announce the line up. I'm sure they'll remember at some point before kick off.

They are nothing short of a disgrace. 

So, how does that line up and who is Moulden?

Maybe something like this.....

-------------------------------Moulden-----------------------------

Kesler---------Bridge-----------Bogarde------Chrisene

--------------------------------Sylla----------------------------------

Tait---------Lansbury is alive------Raiky----------Farr

--------------------------------Barry---------------------------------

I guess Chukwuemeka and JPB must be Covid victims, not sure what Onodi has done to be dropped, Rowe also not included and no place for Walker.

Bogarde might be in midfield, I suspect we'll never know the shape for this one.

I'd guess that means a loan imminent for Rowe, the other Rowe (Litte Ted) hasn't made the bench after featuring recently so it's an odd line up - but we'll see how we get on.

Barry will be bursting to get into this one.

i can see Chrisene and kesler being our backup left and right backs within the next year or two? (Cash/Kesler & Targett/Chrisene)

i mean, both Taylor & Elmo are out of contract in the summer?, would be really good if we could promote these two, giving us more money to spend elsewhere in the team?

Louie Moulden is apparently on trial with us for the week from Man City, he's currently on loan at Gloucester City.

Think it might be Sylla in central defence, he played there quite a few times for the U18s.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

i can see Chrisene and kesler being our backup left and right backs within the next year or two? (Cash/Kesler & Targett/Chrisene)

i mean, both Taylor & Elmo are out of contract in the summer?, would be really good if we could promote these two, giving us more money to spend elsewhere in the team?

Kesler definitely - I'm still not sure if Chrisene is just filling in at left back, he played in midfield before he came here and started in midfield for us at the start of the season with the U18's.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Think it might be Sylla in central defence, he played there quite a few times for the U18s.

Thank you - he looks capable and it's a waste having Bogarde there.

Edit: Sylla is wearing 4 and Bogarde 8 so that looks right.

One thing I took from the Liverpool game was their pronunciation of Chrisene. I would've thought it was Chriseen. They said Chrisaynay. O...k...

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Kesler definitely - I'm still not sure if Chrisene is just filling in at left back, he played in midfield before he came here and started in midfield for us at the start of the season with the U18's.

i thought (or heard), the thing with Chrisene when he joined, was that he can ofc play left midfield/winger, but could also develop as a very attacking left back, kinda wonder if thats the plan???

Or maybe it is just that we are short of left backs :)

Just now, MaVilla said:

i thought (or heard), the thing with Chrisene when he joined, was that he can ofc play left midfield/winger, but could also develop as a very attacking left back, kinda wonder if thats the plan???

Or maybe it is just that we are short of left backs :)

I thought he'd played centre mid.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Presumably nine minutes gone, and according to the live stats on the OS, neither side yet to have any possession of the ball.

That's disappointing at this level.

They are still learning.