U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

How are you choosing to imagine your Lansbury opener?

I'm going with a twenty yard low shot into the bottom corner with a hint of style and a muted celebration as the young players try to figure out whether they should hug him because of a.) Covid and b.) what their moms told them about old men with strange hair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They'll have loved that one in the Albion dugout.

The numbers suggest we're dominant, which is impressive with who we have missing and the line up Albion have out - this is a really good Albion side, a number of these players have bright futures in the Championship.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

How are you choosing to imagine your Lansbury opener?

I'm going with a twenty yard low shot into the bottom corner with a hint of style and a muted celebration as the young players try to figure out whether they should hug him because of a.) Covid and b.) what their moms told them about old men with strange hair.

i think this is somewhere in Lansbury's goal:

winning champions league GIF by PlayStation

On 15/01/2021 at 18:17, OutByEaster? said:

I have. 

Several times. 

We were told at the last meeting early in December that the club were in the process of building the necessary infrastructure for TV cameras. I'm pretty sure that's been completed, because its the same camera points they use for the highlights when they do them.

We played Reading in the Youth Cup and their coverage was superb, the full match on youtube with commentary, Leeds had two commentators and full match video. Palace had a former player helping a commentator on full video for £3.

We'll get a couple of tweets on a night when there hasn't been this much interest in our U23's for years, maybe decades.

The most annoying thing about this is that roughly 3 years ago we actually had excellent coverage. I used to watch all the games on YouTube. We made it to the final of one of the cups and it was all live streamed. Think we lost to Swansea in the final. Also remember watching Jacob Ramsey scoring an absolute wandergoal in one of the games that season live on there as well (though I think that was a regular u23s game)

Its all coincided with the relaunch of the Womens team, someone high up the chain has decided theres only so much they can cover or to keep fans interested in one or the other. I think there's plenty of room for both, but its fairly obvious at roughly the same time they started pushing womens football that they started ignoring/toning down coverage on the youth teams. It really doesn't need to be one or the other, but they don't want to create a separate womens youtube channel as then they cant tap into the huge fan base thats already subscribed to the main channel :(

I wish they'd sort it out, I really miss not being able to watch the u23s and other youth games

During the game on Friday a lot of people on twitter were complaining about not being able to watch game, and someone from the club on the media side of things replied that it's 'in the pipeline'.

Baggy stats updated. A jump to 4th, a new keeper in Louie Moulden, and the not-too-surprising matchday additions of Raikhy who started the game and Swinkels who came on, plus somme whippersnapper called Henri Lansbury. Must be French.

9 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

If you check the OS, the U23 & U18 player profiles have been updated so fair play to the club for that.

I think at this stage the best I can muster for them is 'it's about time'.