U23 Development League 2020/2021

BOF

Stats updated. Match finished 3-1 to Reading who jump from 9th to 4th with games in hand.  A goal for Raikhy and red card for substitute Mungo Bridge for a foul which presumably led to the penalty that was scored a few minutes later. A bad day at the office for the youngsters who play home to Palace next Friday evening at 7.

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is that the University of North Carolina?

yeah its the sporty part of their thingy ma bob, u know? :)

UNC Greensboro.

I have no idea how it works, i assume hes gone to be part of their uni mens sport thing with a view to being part of the soccer draft or something????

• Like 1

Leeds extend their lead at the top to 10pts with a 2-0 win over lowly Sunderland.  Stoke move up into 2nd place with a 3-1 win over previously 2nd placed Wolves who drop to 3rd. Villa drop to 4th.  Palace move up into 5th with a 4-0 thrashing of 10th placed Norwich.  Finally, Burnley win 2-0 away at Newcastle to move into 7th place.

2nd place and 8th place are now separated by 3pts.

• Like 1

Leeds are running away with it because they usually name half of their first team squad in their U23 games, in that win against Sunderland, Poveda, Casilla, Shakelton, Tyler Roberts and Helder Costa all played.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, useless said:

Leeds are running away with it because they usually name half of their first team squad in their U23 games, in that win against Sunderland, Poveda, Casilla, Shakelton, Tyler Roberts and Helder Costa all played.

And I believe they had to finish with ten men after Poveda went off hurt. 

On 30/01/2021 at 00:36, OutByEaster? said:

Is that the University of North Carolina?

No, UNC-Greensboro is a different university.  UNC-Chapel Hill (normally referred to as just "UNC" or "North Carolina") is the more famous one and has a very strong men's and women's soccer programs. It is however better known for its basketball program where Michael Jordan played under their legendary coach......wait for it....Dean Smith!

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 2

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/february/Watch-U23s-live-on-VillaTV/

Aston Villa is delighted to announce supporters can now watch live match coverage of the club’s Under-23s on VillaTV.

We will be bringing you all the action for each of the Young Lions’ remaining home Premier League 2 matches this season.

Our U23s live coverage gets underway on Friday evening as Villa host Crystal Palace at Bodymoor Heath (ko 6pm).

Fans can buy a match pass for £1.99, with all proceeds going to the Aston Villa Foundation.

VillaTV will bring you live match coverage, audio commentary, replays, pre-match build-up including an interview with U23s boss Mark Delaney plus news and views from the club at half-time - with the action getting underway at 5.50pm.

Yes, it's not free - but all the money goes to the Villa foundation, so it'll be helping causes local to the club.

Also, a pre-match and a half time show suggests that we're doing this properly. 

And you can finally stop having to put up with me whingeing and moaning week in and week out like some miserable old pensioner on a bench.

This all makes me most happy.

• Like 4