Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You guessed it. Astonishing really.

8 weeks since my captain last scored a goal. 15 weeks since my captain got double figures.

It's not even a surprise anymore

Literally 10 minutes before the deadline I realized Soton's back four was decimated, so I switched my captain from Bruno to Saka. First time all season a last minute switch or transfer has worked out.

Have been planning to get in Ajayi starting this GW as a differential...they play all the six other sides from 14-20th in the table over their next 8 games. Been put off by their appalling defensive record, but he's shown he's capable of snagging a goal or two from set pieces. On the other hand, Digne playing as a left winger against Bruceball, Bielsaball, and Fulham looks enticing... I have enough in the bank for either, so you just know that the one I decide to take will get an OG and then sent off, while the other gets multiple double figure hauls.

33 minutes ago, a-k said:

Literally 10 minutes before the deadline I realized Soton's back four was decimated, so I switched my captain from Bruno to Saka. First time all season a last minute switch or transfer has worked out.

Have been planning to get in Ajayi starting this GW as a differential...they play all the six other sides from 14-20th in the table over their next 8 games. Been put off by their appalling defensive record, but he's shown he's capable of snagging a goal or two from set pieces. On the other hand, Digne playing as a left winger against Bruceball, Bielsaball, and Fulham looks enticing... I have enough in the bank for either, so you just know that the one I decide to take will get an OG and then sent off, while the other gets multiple double figure hauls.

Yeah I was very close to captaining Cancelo, but Bruno's captaincy percentage (it was like 89% in the top 10k)  scared me so I bottled it.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I was very close to captaining Cancelo, but Bruno's captaincy percentage (it was like 89% in the top 10k)  scared me so I bottled it.

Feel free to start posting your captain picks before deadline... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Injury to Kane. I'd normally get Son in hoping he'd step up but not convinced he will this time around. Any thoughts? 

I got Son last week and my plan was to get Kane this week so I had both for their pretty favourable run up to GW25/26 where I would wildcard. His injury has put a right spanner in the works though.

I'm actually tempted by Werner now. He's been shit but I'm gambling on Tuchel getting Chelsea firing and playing Werner.

Bit of a gamble but I don't really know what else to do. Might just roll my transfer this week and see if we get any updates on Kane

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I got Son last week and my plan was to get Kane this week so I had both for their pretty favourable run up to GW25/26 where I would wildcard. His injury has put a right spanner in the works though.

I'm actually tempted by Werner now. He's been shit but I'm gambling on Tuchel getting Chelsea firing and playing Werner.

Bit of a gamble but I don't really know what else to do. Might just roll my transfer this week and see if we get any updates on Kane

Yeah, I'm torn. I want Salah out as it's big money doing nothing and Son seemed the perfect option but hard to say now. 

I own Son and my plan was to bring Kane in for Bamford this week.  In a way, Kane getting injured has made it more fun now because I have a few other options.  It also makes Son more valuable IMO because historically he tends to profit when Kane is out. I'm not buying too much into the dressing room scuffle talk. That happens all the time and Aurier is a headcase anyway.  The fear of not owning Salah is gradually going away too. I'm one week closer to getting away with it.  I won't be going near Chelsea until Tommy Tookle is done giving everyone a go in the team.  Even though their fixtures are fantastic. They're just too risky.  I think I know what I'm doing later with my FT, notwithstanding any press conference revelations.

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm not quite sure what just happened but I went from using my FT to bring Watkins in to being - 12 and having £10m left over in the bank. 

Another glitch?

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Only in my brain. I think I just got a bit carried away. 

Ah OK. If it was another 'glitch' I was going to suggest installing a carbon monoxide alarm in that room :P

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BOF said:

The fear of not owning Salah is gradually going away too. I'm one week closer to getting away with it.

That fear was too much for me and I've ended up having a 12m dead weight being carried by my triple Villa, double West Ham for weeks on end.

Still too scared to sell him after his FA Cup brace though.

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

That fear was too much for me and I've ended up having a 12m dead weight being carried by my triple Villa, double West Ham for weeks on end.

Still too scared to sell him after his FA Cup brace though.

It's not a case of 'will he score' though. He probably will.  It's 'will he score more than the guy I own instead of him'. So far so good. He could go off against West Ham. The bigger risk is obviously Brighton. That's the biggest exposure. But we'll be OK.

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's not a case of 'will he score' though. He probably will.  It's 'will he score more than the guy I own instead of him'. So far so good. He could go off against West Ham. The bigger risk is obviously Brighton. That's the biggest exposure. But we'll be OK.

Completely agree, without the brace though I'd have been more confident that his big hauls weren't on the verge of returning. And the other thing is that I really don't like owning Son, he overperforms his underlying stats to such an extent that it makes me feel like I got what I deserved every time he blanks.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I've decided to go hard with the differential picks and see what comes of it. Torn between captaining Digne or Barnes, leading towards Digne. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Was thinking this and to go with Digne but just have a feeling Barnes might run riot against Leeds. 

And I've now just seen this... 

Edited by Rds1983

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Was thinking this and to go with Digne but just have a feeling Barnes might run riot against Leeds. 

And I've now just seen this... 

No Fabinho and possibly no Matip...the one who might get the biggest haul of them all might be Antonio himself.

20 minutes ago, a-k said:

No Fabinho and possibly no Matip...the one who might get the biggest haul of them all might be Antonio himself.

This is the way I’m leaning now. Im punting for my captain this week. They always blank anyway so I may as well try something different. 

it’ll be Antonio, DCL or Cancelo for me I think