Gerrard... does he dive?

Dodgyknees

Does Gerrard dive?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gerrard dive?

• Yes, Like a German bomber over london
    • Never, he is a very good boy with a thick accent and black armband

but the refs descion not to give the pen can only lead to the conclusion he dive, the ref got the pen right

so why not book him

Is it not possible for there to be contact without the result being a penalty or a booking for a dive?

On one occasion he should have been booked though I agree.

nope I don;t believe there is but the proble is some players deliberatley aim for the keeper knwoing a pen will be given especially at pace

Gabby did the same earlier this season, forgot the game, may have been reading away

Love how the commentator on MOTD2 tonight didn't even mention the idea that it could have been a dive. He was diving all over the place today, and yet, not one mention that maybe Stevie is trying to get one over the ref!

If that had been Ronaldo, we'd be hearing how we don't wana see that in this country, bla bla!

I was fuming watching him yesterday... he should have had 3 bookings for diving alone... his goal was a simialr scenario to his lastr dive but he stayed on his feet and scored. disgraceful behaviour and the ref had no bottle to book him for any of them.

As a Liverpool fan and hated by many on here yes he does dive, he dived on Saturday, he dived at least a half a dozen times this season, he dived in Istanbul, I wanted a penalty in each of them knowing that he did dive. When he scored did I care? As far as the result goes no but I wish he wouldn't sink to Ronaldo's level to be honest. He's a fantastic footballer and doesn't need to do it. Scouse fans on my regular forum have multiple threads about it too, they don't like it either. It reminds them of Ronaldo and divers like that. When the decision goes for you and you score the resulting penalty would you care really? A lot of players do it. It's not just Gerrard.

His first one was a dreadful dive, but not a word from the commentator or the MOTD pundits, if it was some average foreign player they'd have slaughtered him.

Would you rather he did f*ck all yesterday and let Blackburn clearing in the woods us?

not at all, know one did, just be nice if everyone played under the same rules and treatment rom refs

dive = booking

Would you rather he did f*ck all yesterday and let Blackburn clearing in the woods us?

Surely its not a choice between him diving and doing f&ck all is it? Surely he has more to offer than that.

As much as it benefitted us you beating Blackburn if you had beaten them by Gerrard diving I would rather that Blackburn has won. I HATE diving by anyone our players included.

I would just like to see all teams and players get the same treatment by refs, the FA and the media. Liverpool and Gerrard seem to live a charmed existance a lot of the time.

Gamesmanship goes on in every match. Every team is guilty of it. Villa included. I think Gerrard is getting a bad rap here, he's not the worst! I think people's simple direct hatred of Liverpool clouds their judgement and makes them say things that are innacurate simply because they hate that team.

On another note, is Barry wanted by Chelsea? Heard something yesterday.

Surely its not a choice between him diving and doing f&ck all is it? Surely he has more to offer than that.

As much as it benefitted us you beating Blackburn if you had beaten them by Gerrard diving I would rather that Blackburn has won. I HATE diving by anyone our players included.

I would just like to see all teams and players get the same treatment by refs, the FA and the media. Liverpool and Gerrard seem to live a charmed existance a lot of the time.

Trent, The ref had a shocker yesterday! Gerrard should have been booked but not when Samba shoved him in the back when he was in the air! Then Skrtel collides with Roberts, Roberts falls on the ground and gets up screaming at the ref for a free and a red, gamesmanship! I agree that the ref should treat all teams equal. he was shocking yesterday. I was even at times going, we just fouled him, that should have been a free! I saw the foul but the ref was terrible and didn't see it, a number of times too!

Â