Gerrard... does he dive?

Dodgyknees

Does Gerrard dive?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Does Gerrard dive?

• Yes, Like a German bomber over london
    • Never, he is a very good boy with a thick accent and black armband

What annoys me the most is that he goes by this "tough, hard, English, fight till thou die" image and it's just so incredibly lame when he often goes down like a bitch.

I love the video from the Euro Champs in 2004 when Ronaldo of all "tackles" Gerrard and signals a dive to the ref.... hilarious!

It's not that he dives that gets me. In fact, he usually stays on his feet (Mild use of the word "on feet" here). It's the hypocrisy of the man when he goes out guns blazing slating dives right left and center. The vid above does a good job telling what I feel.

And his lunge on Boateng a few years back is something that I haven't forgiven him for

What pisses me off most about him is the double standards. He slates players who dive yet consistantly does it, he slates refs who fall for it but has won countless decisions doing it and then there is the infamous interview after the game at VP. Asked about the 'freekick' that led to their winner he said 'these things level themselves out over a season' so almost admitting he had dived then a couple of weeks later Chelsea get a very dodgy penalty at Anfield and he spends a week bleating about it.

Hits the deck and waves his arms about easily but a top player.

At club level

I know what you are getting at Trent but he is not the only one unfortunately. Bentley was right when he said to many players seemed to be concentrtating on the Champions league games for there clubs.

At club level

I know what you are getting at Trent but he is not the only one unfortunately. Bentley was right when he said to many players seemed to be concentrtating on the Champions league games for there clubs.

Far from being the only one but until he produces the goods for England (he has only done it one IMO away in Germany in the 5-1) then he will just be another John Barnes.

At club level

Far from being the only one but until he produces the goods for England (he has only done it one IMO away in Germany in the 5-1) then he will just be another John Barnes.

Just one game is a bit harsh but I agree with you to an extent mate. As I said though unfortunately he is not the only one. To many players for whatever reason don't do it for us at international level.

At club level

Just one game is a bit harsh but I agree with you to an extent mate. As I said though unfortunately he is not the only one. To many players for whatever reason don't do it for us at international level.

Your right but I think the contrast between club and country form is worse with him than anyone else mate. One game may be harsh but I'm struggling to think of any other great performances by him.

At club level

Your right but I think the contrast between club and country form is worse with him than anyone else mate. One game may be harsh but I'm struggling to think of any other great performances by him.

I would have Lampard and Rooney to name just 2 in that category as well. I love England and I can never understand the lack of pride that some of the players seem to have when wearing the shirt. I guess in all honesty it shows that we are not half as good as we think we are and our club sides are way ahead of our national side.

I would have Lampard and Rooney to name just 2 in that category as well. I love England and I can never understand the lack of pride that some of the players seem to have when wearing the shirt. I guess in all honesty it shows that we are not half as good as we think we are and our club sides are way ahead of our national side.

Yes I agree both have struggled to transfer club form to the international stage but I think both have done a better job than Gerrard.

On your point with regards to clubs sides in comparison to the national side your right.

Â