Stephanie Frappart to referee UEFA Super Cup

villalad21

UEFA is breaking new ground by appointing Stéphanie Frappart to referee the UEFA Super Cup on 14 August. This will be the first time that a female official takes charge of a major UEFA men's competition event – a showpiece match seen as the curtain-raiser to the new season, pitting the UEFA Champions League holders against the winners of the UEFA Europa League at Beşiktaş Park in Istanbul.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2617533.html

Edited by villalad21

I think it's a bit strange personally considering the level she is used with.

It's common practice for the best female national teams to practice against 15 year old boy teams for World Cups. So that's the level she is used with.

Had a male ref that used to ref u15 boy games and suddenly given the chance to ref a game between Premier League teams people would call it madness.

For female refs i would move them to lower leagues, maybe at conference level and  have them move their way up from bottom to top like anyone else. If they are good enough they will get there, if they're not they won't.

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I think it's a bit strange personally considering the level she is used with.

It's common practice for the best female national teams to practice against 15 year old boy teams for World Cups. So that's the level she is used with.

Had a male ref that used to ref u15 boy games and suddenly given the chance to ref a game between Premier League teams people would call it madness.

For female refs i would move them to lower leagues, maybe at conference level and  have them move their way up from bottom to top like anyone else. If they are good enough they will get there, if they're not they won't.

You started the thread yet took you nearly a day to make this comment 😂

Â