Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

14 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Before "Prepared" our badge motto was "Forward".

We could bring that back for some history

I think " Forward"  was the city of Birmingham motto too, at one time.

I had my doubts about Dougie in the past, totally reversed by his performances.....maturing in to a complete midfielder.

Its so heartening too, how he speaks about our club.....A real solid Pro, and great for the solidity of the team....Dougie has integrated, like some of the old Stalwarts of the past.

I still think with the focus on defensive players, Dougie will drift a bit further forward, where his talent is best suited IMO.....I can see him and Tielemans, being an edge of the box threat, with their talented shooting ability.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Think that article's fake news as there was no "I'm so happy" quote

Personally, I am not losing sleep over fake news....because I am in no position to differentiate, unless its stone blind obvious.

Most things are fake these days,(until proved otherwise),  baring the elements....I think the sun is real😀.....not the newspaper.

PS Dougie Is Real.

Edited by TRO

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

Personally, I am not losing sleep over fake news....because I am in no position to differentiate, unles its stone blind obvious.

Most things are fake these days,(until proved otherwise),  baring the elements....I think the sun is real😀.....not the newspaper.

PS Dougie Is Real.

It was a joke mate, Dougie so often says “I’m so happy” or “I’m so hap” in all his interviews…

It’s his go to line 🤣

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think " Forward"  was the city of Birmingham motto too, at one time.

Still is - we used the Birmingham coat of arms for a season and the motto came with it.

I really think if we play well this season we'll see Doug start to get the attention he deserves - he's one of the best central midfielders in this league.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

I had my doubts about Dougie in the past, totally reversed by his performances.....maturing in to a complete midfielder.

Its so heartening too, how he speaks about our club.....A real solid Pro, and great for the solidity of the team....Dougie has integrated, like some of the old Stalwarts of the past.

I still think with the focus on defensive players, Dougie will drift a bit further forward, where his talent is best suited IMO.....I can see him and Tielemans, being an edge of the box threat, with their talented shooting ability.

Crazy the difference having a proper manager can make… though the previous guy was unworthy and undeserving of such a title/role…

Proper coaching and delivery of clear instructions to players…

It’s such an enlightening and entertaining experience for our current crop. McGinn and Mings had recently stated how they regret not receiving this level of coaching, and how entertaining it is, earlier in their careers and were restricted by old fashioned or British methods…

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It was a joke mate, Dougie so often says “I’m so happy” or “I’m so hap” in all his interviews…

It’s his go to line 🤣

Sometimes its hard on the internet, to get irony.....where in person, its picked up much easier...but hey ho.

I still like it, he can say it a hundred times for me.

Edited by TRO

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Still is - we used the Birmingham coat of arms for a season and the motto came with it.

I really think if we play well this season we'll see Doug start to get the attention he deserves - he's one of the best central midfielders in this league.

Zero to Hero for me.....I agree.

PS So Pep was right all along....and £15 mill, was another astute piece of business.

35 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I can’t wait for him to “rediscover” this ability…

Absolutely stunning…

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am sure he can, but like John McGinn....He has had to do so much defensive work over the past few seasons, always looking over his shoulder, now he can relax more.....but as  a result of that defensive work , will/is becoming a complete midfielder.

With the advent of us, currently,  focusing more on the defensive elements of the game, this will release the 2 players in question, to concentrate more on the offensive side.

I honestly think, the present focus on defence, will paradoxically help us with offense......That is not me suggesting that we don't strengthen the Forward Line...its now priority.

I think with the 4 centre backs looking top notch.....The 4/5 midfielders looking top notch.......we can now focus on the forward line.

However, I always believe the rebuilding quote......" You build from the back"

I think we are going about things.......spot on.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

yeah, well bully to Suso

My comments were based on the time, when the "buy back" clause was still causing consternation, among the fan base and Pep was adamant that Dougie would be a top player.......Dougie at the time, had mixed opinions from us, he was still learning to be the player he is now.

Pep was always backing Dougie as a talent....so my reference was....He was right.

Edited by TRO

34 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Crazy the difference having a proper manager can make… though the previous guy was unworthy and undeserving of such a title/role…

Proper coaching and delivery of clear instructions to players…

It’s such an enlightening and entertaining experience for our current crop. McGinn and Mings had recently stated how they regret not receiving this level of coaching, and how entertaining it is, earlier in their careers and were restricted by old fashioned or British methods…

Like McGinn and Mings.....you don't know, what you have never had, until you get it. I am still gobsmacked how much of a difference UE has made.

I am equally, humbled, by how well Dougie has developed his game,  in a team with a structure and method.....His game has come on leaps and bounds, and his enhanced confidence has taken his ability, to another level.

I don't mind, admitting, I didn't think it was possible.....but when my team benefits, I am more than happy to be wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

Like McGinn and Mings.....you don't know, what you have never had, until you get it. I am still gobsmacked how much of a difference UE has made.

I am equally, humbled, by how well Dougie has developed his game,  in a team with a structure and method.....His game has come on leaps and bounds, and his enhanced confidence has taken his ability, to another level.

I don't mind, admitting, I didn't think it was possible.....but when my team benefits, I am more than happy to be wrong.

Absolutely 💯 

• Thanks 1

On 11/06/2023 at 01:29, useless said:

Since NSWE came in we're actually not in the habit of selling our best players,̴  the only exception being Grealish,̴ but he was an extreme outlier in the sense that he wasn't just one of our best players but arguably one of the best in the world;̷  all our other players like MartinezCashMingsLuizRamsey,̴  Watkins and probably others get linked with moves away to so called bigger clubs but none of them have left because generally speaking we're not a selling team

None of those are on the level Grealish was with us though, can't compare.

Â