So who will be next through the revolving Geordie door

TrentVilla

So who is next?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. So who is next?

• Alan Shearer
    • Peter Beardsley
    • Steve Bruce (we all know how loyal he can be)
    • Harry Redknapp
    • The Honey Monster
    • Jose (I know. But they'll try won't they)
    • Martin Jol
    • Aidy Bothroyd

I dont get why Redknapp is the favourite. I just cant see him moving from his house in Bournmouth. He seems very settled and happy on the south coast and i cant see Newcastle having the potential to outdo Pompey at any time in the short to medium term (2-5 years) that his contract will be for.

I believe the talk in the papers is of Ashley lending 'arry his private jet (at least until he gets one of his own :winkold: ) so that he wouldn't have to move.

Also £20m - now that's a lot of brown envelopes. :wink:

The Sun

I'm sticking with my outside punt in the 'first casualty of 2008' thread - Steve Bruce (100-1).

Best odds on O'Leary are 66/1 with bet365.

Incidentally 'arry is now 4/11 from 20/1 - wonder how much the Redknapps' have punted? :wink:

One of David Moyes, Mark Hughes or Stuart Pearce for me..

Why on earth would Hughes or Moyes leave their current jobs with Blackburn or Everton for the most dangerous job in football.

Moyes has spent years building a squad at Everton and has a job there for years to come while Hughes is destined for bigger things. Both men have way to much to lose to take a risk on Newcastle.

As for Pearce I can't see him leaving the saftey zone of the Under 21's and the FA, not after getting the boot from Man City.

A couple of reporters yesterday on ssn were doubting hed leave, asking the question why would Redknapp leave the 'sunny' south to move up norf!

Me, id say hes got his bagged packed and copy of whippet times in his pocket!

As i said on another thread id love him to go just to knock Portsmouth out of the Euro reckoning..... but i still think it will be Jol!

I can't see Redknapp moving to Newcastle. Look at his record - Bournemouth, West Ham, Pompy, Southampton, Pomy. Hardly looks like the record of a man who is going to up and move to the other end of the country does it.

Not only that but why would he take the Newcastle job with everything that comes with it?

Not only that but why would he take the Newcastle job with everything that comes with it?

the piles of cash they are rumoured to be offering ?

Harry has plenty of piles of cash already, under the floor boards, the bed, in the walls, in accounts in the Cayman islands, etc etc....

But seriously he is on good money at Pompy already I just can't see him going up there for a little extra when he can have it easy down on the south coast.

Harry has plenty of piles of cash already, under the floor boards, the bed, in the walls, in accounts in the Cayman islands, etc etc....

But seriously he is on good money at Pompy already I just can't see him going up there for a little extra when he can have it easy down on the south coast.

Harry loves cash (Apparently!) .....and he would love the status of managing a bigger prem team, IMO of course!

Harry loves cash (Apparently!) .....and he would love the status of managing a bigger prem team, IMO of course!

I agree he would love the status the man had an ego of huge proportions I just think for reasons of geography and job security Newcastle wouldn't be the one for him. Again only my opinion.

If Redknapp takes charge at Newcastle all that added "big club" pressure and hassle from the "greatest fans in the world" will exaserpate his nervous ticks and twitches to the point where during his post match interview all we'll see on TV is a maroon blur for a head. It'll be like watching it on fast-forward.

that and the fact that he is an over-rated twitching cockerney barra boy..

would be great to see him crying after two weeks because his own fans are booing him...

i can just imagine it now,

"fackin nora gavnaaa... *twitch* twern lark dat in maar fackin dayye.. *twitch* wi shaaaaaad fackin respec to arrrr fackin eldaz... *twitch* dem caaaaaaanntss wur givin it all fackin *twitch* larj ryte fackin nex *twitch* ta fackin kiddiz... *twitch* dis-fackin-gracefal gavnaaaaa... *twitch*...."

Harry hates it when oposition fans have a go at him. Imagine him when it's his own fans. That dude behind the dug out, (You've all seen him on the telly) standing up, pointing at Harry shouting "You don't know what you're doing!" at the top of his Lungs!

Harry'll have a F###ing coronary!

My old dad was a geordie....and a Newcastle fan.....I'm glad he can't see the shitty state they are in right now, It'd break his heart!

Â