Bellamy v Darius

LancsVillan

So who do think is better?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. So who do think is better?

• The irritating Welsh git
    • Brummie born and bred - Darius

Have been looking at the respective record for their current clubs and Darius at 35 goals in `07 games is not that much different to Bellamy at 28 in 84.

Thing that gets me is the opposition. I know one poster who refers regularly to JPA's record v the 'Top' teams and yet they feel Bellamy is 'class'

Well Bellamy has scored once v 'Top' sides and that in a 5-3 defeat wheras Darius has scored against Chels, ManU and Liverplop. missing out v Arse only.

So over to you.

I dont think that either player is a goalscorer, so I'm not sure that gols scored is a fair measure.

In terms of what they do as a support striker, making runs behind the defence and pulling defenders away from their strike partner, I think bellamy is better at it, by quite some way.

personally i rate vass as one of the best at pulling defenders away and creating space for other players... we certainly noticed and missed his contribution when we had cole lazily strolling around the pitch...

its a shame that vass isnt the greatest finisher as if he was a better finisher, i feel he would rival the best strikers in the country....

although he does need a nasty streak to his game too...

Of the two, I prefer Darius.

Yes, he had a poor and injury hit season last year, whereas all Bellamy did was call his manager a liar, refuse to play in a position he didn't like, get arrested while on Wales duty for fighting in a club, have an on-pitch fight with a team mate, send abusive text messages to his team mates.....

Sometimes I really wonder....

personally i rate vass as one of the best at pulling defenders away and creating space for other players... we certainly noticed and missed his contribution when we had cole lazily strolling around the pitch...

its a shame that vass isnt the greatest finisher as if he was a better finisher, i feel he would rival the best strikers in the country....

Voted for Dazz Vass too.

For precisely these reasons.

However, it would be quite nice to have the pair of 'em in the same line up - the pace of those two would scare the sh*t out of almost any premiership side ....

Welsh git for me - he has the speed and the finish.. DV only has the speed.

We can't get emotional because Darius is from Birmingham... this is a football club and it needs moved forward.

so explain the difference in scoring ratio - oops it's pretty much the same

explain why bellamy scores so many against the 'better' team - oops he doesn't

IMO we are getting carried away because it is a forward, which we do need, and the fact he's £5-6m. And this supposed 'nastiness' we need - WHY?

Welsh git for me - he has the speed and the finish.. DV only has the speed.

We can't get emotional because Darius is from Birmingham... this is a football club and it needs moved forward.

but his scoring ratio is no better than that of the Dazz Man :?

Hasn't Bellamy had periods of missing sitter after sitter? Where's WMNG when you need him, bloody Jocks. Whilst Darius isn't the greatest finisher in the world there's no way he misses the sitters that Bellamy does

Well Bellamy isnt coming anyway, so doesnt matter.

Would rarther look forward to seeing Luke come through and become a better finisher than both :D

As it looks like he is our summer striker signing!

Â