UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Couture - Vera will headline the manchester event. Good enough for me

It still feels a bit wet to me. No top 5 fighters from any weight classes on show at all. It's almost as light as the 89 card in the NIA (which I went to :angry: ). I suppose it'll still be a great show, 89 was but I can't help feeling like we're getting palmed off with naff. I think the fact that they touted Penn and Silva as possibilities has made it seem worse than it is. They still haven't given it a name though so I live in hope of a big name coming.

That said, Couture is great. I'd love to see him in action. Hardy looks good too - much more potential than Bisping IMO.

Edit - PS. For anyone with ESPN the Ultimate Fight Night 19 is on live from 1 till 3 tonight (this morning techincally).

3 great fights and a classy submission on the main card of this one. Well worth a watch if you can find it.

Also, the new season of TUF started tonight (on spike in the US at least), and there is the nastiest head cut I have seen in any sport ever in the first fight. It doesn't bleed as much as it looks like it should but the flesh splits right down to the bone. It's about 5 inches long as well, gorey stuff.

3 great fights and a classy submission on the main card of this one. Well worth a watch if you can find it.

Also, the new season of TUF started tonight (on spike in the US at least), and there is the nastiest head cut I have seen in any sport ever in the first fight. It doesn't bleed as much as it looks like it should but the flesh splits right down to the bone. It's about 5 inches long as well, gorey stuff.

FightNight was great. Impressed with Condit, and how Huertas shoulder managed to stay in place, let alone him getting out I will never know. Bloody hell!

And the TUF gash, :o:puke:

And Wes Sims: "I'm the guy who knocked out Frank Mir, TWICE! And I will not let the truth get in the way of a good story" :lol:

UFC 103 tomorrow. Miffed about the Swick injury. I wanted to see him vs Kampmann.

Belfort - Franklin and Dos Santos - CroCop should be good stand-up wars though.

Rest is a bit meh on paper except for Tyson Griffin

Main card

* Catchweight (195 lb) bout: Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort

* Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipovic vs. Junior dos Santos

* Welterweight bout: Martin Kampmann vs. Paul Daley

* Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg

* Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Hermes Franca

Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller

* Middleweight bout: Drew McFedries vs. Tomasz Drwal

* Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Steve Lopez

* Lightweight bout: Rafaello Oliveira vs. Nik Lentz

* Welterweight bout: Rick Story vs. Brian Foster

* Light Heavyweight bout: Eliot Marshall vs. Jason Brilz

* Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Igor Pokrajac

* Lightweight bout: Rob Emerson vs. Rafael dos Anjos

I thought CroCop had signed for someone else?

Sorry still a bit of a n00b to UFC so don't keep that up to date with it.

I have no idea what happened after his last fight, much trash-talking all around but obviously they solved it.

Dos Santos looks the real deal though so CroCop better be prepared.

Why the **** has coverage started an hour early and in Spanish? :? ESPN are starting to piss me off.

Actually I think they're showing the undercard, nice one! Still though, you can see Rogan talking, why can't they just knock the foreign shouting on the head?

I thought UFC 103 was really enjoyable last night, and i enjoyed all the fights on the main card.

I have always been impressed with Tyson Griffin and i know he has had this reputation for decisioning fights but i think he proved last night that he can finish fights, and against someone who has only been stopped once before in his career in Hermes Franca. I think the first thing Hermes needs to do is lose that stupid hair of his.

For me, Josh Koshceck was always going to beat Frank Trigg in the first round. I love Koscheck and i think he is a credit to the UFC, he wants to fight as many times as he can, which is credit to him. I really couldnt see before this fight where Frank Trigg had a chance.. Koscheck is a brilliant wrestler, and his stand up has improved so much over the past 18 months. Whats next for Koscheck though? He wont fight Swick or Fitch and i dont think he should have a rematch with GSP yet, although i think he was GSP's bets match up in recent time. He said he wanted Matt Hughes so maybe that fight will happen.

Martin Kampmann cost me some nice cash last night, although i should be happy that an englishman won on his UFC debut. Daleys heavy hands were too much for Kampmann. I know Kampmann has only recently dropped down to welterweight but i think he is too small and should think about dropping down to lightweight.. I was really looking forward to Swick v Kampmann and i was gutted when Swick pulled out injured. Regardless of what happened in this fight last night i think Swick would have beaten Kampmann. I think Daley could be a force in the welterweight division and will probably fight Swick next, although i wouldnt mind seeing Daley v Alves.

For me Cro Crop needs to retire, or go to Dream. I think ever since the Gonzaga fight he hasnt been the same, i think he hasnt got it mentally anymore and because of the Gonzaga leg kick, he is far too cautious. Personally i think he looked scared in the octagon last night against Dos Santos, and too be slightly fair to him, who wouldnt. Dos Santos is a big guy, he scares me just watching him on tv. It was a shame about the ending, but i think Cro Crop was done anyway. I think if Cro Crop stays then he should drop down to light heavyweight because the current crop of heavyweights are far too big for him.. As for Dos Santos, Werdum and now Cro Crop, pretty impressive stuff. I think he will get another top 10 fighter next, who though will depend on current match ups but i wouldnt mind seeing him against the loser of Carwin Lesnar.

As for Franklin Belfort, i think Belfort made Rich look anything but a contender, and i think you could tell how disappointed Rich was in his post fight interview with Joe. Looking forward to Belfort v Anderson Silva if it happens.

Worst Franklin performance I've seen. That said, Belfort looked solid and nice to see him back in the cage.

Dos Santos will out-strike any heavyweight in the ufc, remains to be seen what he can do against good wrestlers like Velasquez, Carwin and Lesnar. Bright future though.

Griffin is a firm favourite of mine and Franca at 159 pounds. Twit!

Pretty good night of fighting, no major upsets.

I got massive odds against Semtex, Belfort and Koscheck all winning within the first round. First time since UFN 14 (Silva, Velasquez & Dollaway) my 3 first round stoppages accy has come off.

I think with the right wrestling coaches Daley could give GSP a run for his money.

The end of an era it looks like. CroCop speaking like a fighter hanging up his gloves. 100+ Kickboxing-K1-MMA fights will take it's toll on a 35 year old.

“Maybe the ones who have said that I’m done are right. Obviously, I can’t break my mental block in the Octagon. Besides, I’ve been training like a spartan for 20 years now — my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, I’ve been worn out…. [Junior dos Santos] won that fight and would have won it by decision. Simply put, he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot more…. The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the left high kick. But I’m not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for. I don’t feel the hunger anymore. I started playing it safe, I’m not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight. I’ve been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 a.m. and having physically challenging task up to 8 p.m. I want a normal life. I’m entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You can’t win that way. Maybe I should’ve quit after I won the open weight grand prix.”

What the hell?!?!?!?!?!

Quinton Rampage Jackson: I’m done fighting; I’m hanging it up

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them … this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bullshit & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I’m not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I’m done fighting. I’ve been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don’t pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I’m hanging it up. I’m gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they’ll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don’t like what I just said can come try to kick my ass! I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn’t respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!”

Â