Neale Cooper

John

Neale Cooper passed away today aged just 54 to add to the ex Villa players that we have lost this year too soon. Neal signed for Villa in 1986 and made 20 appearances for us before moving to Rangers 2 years later having had injury problems during his time at B6 that limited the number of times he was able to turn out for us. Neale made his name at Aberdeen where he was part of their 1983 European Cup Winners team. My thoughts are with his family. HEITS.

Edited by John

Saddened to hear this - I heard about his fall and hoped he would pull through - a tough tackler at villa his time was hampered by injury and we never got to see the best of him - a likeable cheerful lad though .

my condolences to his family and friends - a sad loss .

Edited by Eastie

54 is no age. It seems as though far too many are going too soon. I just about remember Cooper's name from when I became a fan as a kid.

He joins Gallacher, Birch, Atkinson, Regis, Ehiogu and Samuel as players we have sadly lost in recent times at such a young age. 

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

From around the time I started following Villa, not sure why I don't remember him but RIP

It was the football '87 sticker book for me. Had a few swaps of him I seem to recall.

s-l300.jpg

First shirt I ever had that one.

Just heard the news on the radio. Sad news and like others have said, no age really.

Thoughs are with his family.

HEITS

• Like 2

Â