Last post read

mjmooney

Question

Dunno if it's something to do with this new profile business, but when I click on a thread title I get taken to the first post, rather than the last one I read. Even if I've just posted in it. 

Was just about to start a thread on the same thing.

Also, its asking me to update my profile with Facebook, PSN & Twitter accounts, even when i save them it keeps stating profile 0% complete and asking me to fill again.

Thanks Limpid

Basically when you load VillaTalk, at the top its stating your profile is incomplete (0%), please click here to update it

When you click the link it asks for for various profile user names for for Google, PSN, Facebook and Twitter. When you enter your usernames it states saved, but the next page it still says your profile is incomplete (0%). 

Thought it was just me (99.9% of the time I’m on here with the phone (SE) and that has been playing silly buggers since the iOS 11.3 upgrade across a few apps) I’ve had the same problem as mooney described, even after you have read a thread and then someone else adds to it many minutes later and click on the thread it takes you to the very first post in the thread. 

I read VT on my phone and since the update today I get little noise notifications when someone’s reacted to a post of mine, or when someone has posted something new in a thread I happen to reading.

Not a major issue, probably something that I would need to alter on my phone. Just a bit strange as it wasn’t happening before.

13 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm going to the last post of every thread too instead of the last one I read.

Going to check the swear filter now.

clearing in the woods 

Wanker

Looks a partial fail on the filter, then. 

And the thread location has changed. When I started this thread, I was being taken to the FIRST post every time, not the last. 

12 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I read VT on my phone and since the update today I get little noise notifications when someone’s reacted to a post of mine, or when someone has posted something new in a thread I happen to reading.

Not a major issue, probably something that I would need to alter on my phone. Just a bit strange as it wasn’t happening before.

You control your notifications in your account settings. They've just fixed the bug which meant notifications were silent.

They've fixed the issue about going to the first unread post. I need to check the swear filter when I'm not mobile.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, limpid said:

They've fixed the issue about going to the first unread post. I need to check the swear filter when I'm not mobile.

Hmm just goes to the last post in the thread now, before it used to remember where you were. When you clicked on a thread it would go to your last read post, sometimes that would be a few pages from the last post.

With the lack of people mentioning this, I'm guessing its only affecting a hand full of people? 

Goes straight the to last post in any thread still. The strange thing is though, if I manually go back enough I can find a blue line where my actual last read post is (where it used to go to directly when clicking on a thread before the change)

11 hours ago, Junxs said:

With the lack of people mentioning this, I'm guessing its only affecting a hand full of people? 

Goes straight the to last post in any thread still. The strange thing is though, if I manually go back enough I can find a blue line where my actual last read post is (where it used to go to directly when clicking on a thread before the change)

Yeah, i see the blue line too. So it knows when the last post was, just not going to the correct inline anchor on the page.

5 hours ago, limpid said:

If you are still seeing the last post thing, please try clearing cookies and cache.

Perhaps yours is messed up too? ;) -

I've also tried on desktop, same issue :(