• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Grealish (Snodgrass 59)
    • Elmohamady (Hutton 79)
    • Elphick (Samba 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/17 at 15:00

Would have preferred to see Hourihane behind Davies and Jack on one of the wings. Hutton, for me is an enigma, he looks ok but his distribution is woeful and he seems to get caught out of position time and time again ,Johnston played really well and kept us in the game. Not a disastrous results but it's a worry we couldn't change the game with our bench and Millwall's one dimensional tactics. UTV

A forgettable game for Villa fans. That team really should be doing better AT HOME against a team who were 17th in the league when they stepped on the pitch at 1455 hours (ish). Yeah, Cardiff struggled against them, and Wolves only nonced 1 goal against them. They were 17th.

I've seen 'oh don't worry, it was just a bad day at the office.' Problem is, we hardly ever play well, so a failed firework like Millwall at home just brings our deficiencies into sharper focus. Absolutely nothing positive about the Millwall game other than Johnstone. Saved our blushes at least twice.

West Midlands Police (assume it was you) - inconvencience AWAY fans please when there's a potential flashpoint you think might occur. Not us HOME fans. The club wants us to come by train - and for me, that would be Witton. That long walking diversion was totally un-neccessary. If they need putting in a protective cage to stop them doing damage to us, our property and to our women, cage the ****.

Still, with your snouts in the trough, picking up your chuckly overtime pay packets, I can understand your smug grins.

Edited by Raver50032

11 hours ago, Darth Villa said:

Poor game, Villa players walking around as Millwall ran past and simply wanted it more. Snodgrass was poor (again!), Davis wasted a great chance but that would have been papering over the problems in my opinion.

I simply can't figure out why we can be so easily caused problems by poor but physical sides - I thought the old heads that Bruce recruited were meant to stop such things?

We get bullied, because we don't move intelligently OFF the ball, its lazy mindedness.

When we pass the ball the recipient is immediately closed down.We get closed down far too easily.

If our players are better than the opposition....they are not better enough, to negate these issues.

3 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Our full backs are a real weak link, they are so painfully slow....johnstone was the saviour today.

A missed opportunity.

The whole team lacks pace.

2 hours ago, Raver50032 said:

A forgettable game for Villa fans. That team really should be doing better AT HOME against a team who were 17th in the league when they stepped on the pitch at 1455 hours (ish). Yeah, Cardiff struggled against them, and Wolves only nonced 1 goal against them. They were 17th.

I've seen 'oh don't worry, it was just a bad day at the office.' Problem is, we hardly ever play well, so a failed firework like Millwall at home just brings our deficiencies into sharper focus. Absolutely nothing positive about the Millwall game other than Johnstone. Saved our blushes at least twice.

West Midlands Police (assume it was you) - inconvencience AWAY fans please when there's a potential flashpoint you think might occur. Not us HOME fans. The club wants us to come by train - and for me, that would be Witton. That long walking diversion was totally un-neccessary. If they need putting in a protective cage to stop them doing damage to us, our property and to our women, cage the ****.

Still, with your snouts in the trough, picking up your chuckly overtime pay packets, I can understand your smug grins.

Yes it was ridiculous. Why couldn't they keep the Millwall fans in the ground for half an hour after the game? Witton lane was closed off anyway so no chance of Villa fans to congregate by the stand.  I presume they will do the same when we play dirty Leeds, Cardiff and Blues?

I’ve only been to VP twice this season, yesterday and the Brentford game...maybe I should stay away!

Thought they defended well and we didn’t have a spark. Annoying to drop points but given the game we’ve done well to get one.

I was lucky enough to be in one of the boxes yesterday for the first time, big thumbs up to the hospitality team, fantastic afternoon (Football aside)!

Â