• Onomah
    • Davis
    • Grealish (Snodgrass 59)
    • Elmohamady (Hutton 79)
    • Elphick (Samba 77)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/12/17 at 15:00

No attacking threat from the full backs, although they both were caught out of positions time and again in the first half.  The central defenders were exposed to the point of embarrassment, and we're lucky not to have conceded as a result.

Whelan offered little in the way of protection and nothing going forward.  Lansbury looked to pick the through balls where he could but rarely had anyone to aim for.  Davis looks out of his depth at the moment.  He could be tired, it could be that he's missing Kodjia, but in terms of an attacking threat he's doing nothing at the moment.

Snodgrass was poor, Adomah was the one from last season and not from the last three months.  Onomah was onOnomahs, at least until he went out wide in the second half.

More than 10 (ten) corners and we threatened not once.  In the first half we had two corners on the spin where Millwall broke and should really have scored.

We're desperate for options from the bench (or starters for that matter) who can run at pace with the ball.  We have absolutely nobody who can that at the moment.   No urgency, no guile, no pace.

Only Johnstone comes out of this with any credit.  He was superb.  Again.

Utter dog mess.

• Like 3

Just now, poitier said:

Absolute dross, like so much of our recent 'promotion form'.

We’ve lost 2 of our last 19 games and yet rarely played well to be honest - makes you wonder what will happen if we do start playing well 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

No attacking threat from the full backs, although they both were caught out of positions time and again in the first half.  The central defenders were exposed to the point of embarrassment, and we're lucky not to have conceded as a result.

Whelan offered little in the way of protection and nothing going forward.  Lansbury looked to pick the through balls where he could but rarely had anyone to aim for.  Davis looks out of his depth at the moment.  He could be tired, it could be that he's missing Kodjia, but in terms of an attacking threat he's doing nothing at the moment.

Snodgrass was poor, Adomah was the one from last season and not from the last three months.  Onomah was onOnomahs, at least until he went out wide in the second half.

More than 10 (ten) corners and we threatened not once.  In the first half we had two corners on the spin where Millwall broke and should really have scored.

We're desperate for options from the bench (or starters for that matter) who can run at pace with the ball.  We have absolutely nobody who can that at the moment.   No urgency, no guile, no pace.

Utter dog mess.

Maybe time for o hare ?

• Like 1

To me that was no different from any other game under Bruce. Our whole game plan appears to be too lump it forward and hope someone wins the second ball. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Completely reliant on a bit of individual brilliance and we didn't have it today. Normal. 

• Like 1

We do seem to have a tendency to struggle against teams that defend deep and break forward with pace.

Our players were flat footed and could not pass to team mates.

Thank f*** for Johnstone that's all I can say. 

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Utter dog mess.

That's well put. Although I'm sorry if Davis is tired yet 8 days. Rest then he should not be a professional footballer. He couldn't even do the basics right today first touch dreadful, poor passing poor finishing and got beat by most aerial battles today. If hogan is fit I'd play him. It's time to give him a run with someone like Lansbury in the numbe 10 who play those through balls.

this result will only not matter so much if we win next week at derby which I cannot see for the life of me.

god help us next week

10 minutes ago, Ponky said:

We do seem to have a tendency to struggle against teams that defend deep and break forward with pace.

Our players were flat footed and could not pass to team mates.

Thank f*** for Johnstone that's all I can say. 

Yep that's what I said earlier in the season we lacked pace and we struggled badly. It was embarrassing at times. How e got a point today I'll never know

We were quite fortunate to get a point today. Second best for the first half and whilst we had more of the ball in the second half we couldn't muster anything up in the way of decent chances. We were nowhere near our best today and were completely stifled by a decent opposition. When Davis is invisible and ineffective it damages any attacking play for us. I'm not laying the blame at our bright youngster at all but our reliance on him (due to injuries) means he's hit or miss, and when he's not in the game we subsequently play poorly. Davis was stifled, as was all our attacking play as Milwall handled us easily. A big problem for me was our lack of tempo, and the fact we didn't have the energy or show the pressing that we have done so well with lately meant we allowed too much time and space for Millwall who created a hat-full of chances throughout. Our set plays were very poor and, in fact, only served to provide a counter for Milwall who looked very quick and dangerous when they broke. I'd bring back Houihane.

Our injuries are probably having an affect on the team but quite a few times this season we've looked a bit flat at home. We're a much better set up for away games as at VP we find it hard to break teams down who sit deep. A point is still a point and in a game where we could easily have lost we'll have to take it. We've got some tough games coming up and will need to use our squad well. I've personally not seen anything all season that suggests we could be serious contenders for automatic promotion but our best hopes lie with hanging in there in the play offs. To do so we need to be much better than we were today. Need to dig deep for a very tough game at Derby away next and hope we play with much more intensity and vigor with players like Davis, Snodgrass and Adomah stepping up to the level they have shown they're capable of. Grealish showed some glimpses of positivity so he's certainly knocking on the door but to win games we need to boss the midfield and that was lacking today. 

Edited by roonst83

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

To me that was no different from any other game under Bruce. Our whole game plan appears to be too lump it forward and hope someone wins the second ball. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Completely reliant on a bit of individual brilliance and we didn't have it today. Normal. 

We didn't win onesecond ball today.

• Like 1

Disappointing not to win & take advantage of one or two stumbles by other top 6 clubs but I guess a point is better than nothing. We really needed that win to give a bit more ballast to our top 6 position.

I don’t usually subscribe to the idea of buying in January to improve performance but I do hope we are looking at forward options. We really need more up there. It’s ridiculous to depend so much on Davis.

• Like 1

Â