Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't care how we set up they would have done us. Jota and nunez are better than our team put together. They have much better players than us. 

Yup, they're class.

16 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Hutton's been dogshit. Does he do anything other than the old last ditch tackle. What about a 10 yard pass to a team mate when attacking?

17 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Hutton's been dogshit. Does he do anything other than the old last ditch tackle. What about a 10 yard pass to a team mate when attacking?

I take your point, but half the team are worse today.

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Hutton has probably been our best player.

I'd say he's been our most energetic player but he has the poise of a pissed elephant and the footballing brain of my nan.... and she's dead.

He's shite and should be nowhere near the first 11. The fact that Bruce chooses to select him should be terrifying but people seem to be defending it.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

I'd say he's been put most energetic player but he has the poise of a pissed elephant and the footballing brain of my nan.... and she's dead.

It depends what elements you are watching....but the rest was shocking.

This is no surprise to me. We have only played well against teams in the bottom half of the table and even then only for 45 minutes. 4-4-2 against a team that keep the ball as well as Wolves with a slow as molasses midfield pair in the centre of midfield (Just so we are clear I believe our central midfield area is too slow and we lack a quality passer).   The match was always going to play out this way. The only way we could have got something from the game is on the counter, but we are so slow to move the ball out and Kodja is nowhere near Davis when he holds it up. This was a game for Onomah to play in behind Davis. What makes it worse is the subs! Hogan for Davis, really! Onomah for Adomah, where is the logic in taking off your creative midfield players when the problem is no enough creativity and numbers in midfield?!

I'm not and haven't been a Bruce out person, but a few more poor managerial performance like this and i will be! Still think he can get us promoted, but losing confidence. Ironically the only reason i still think this is the quality of the squad he has at his disposal rather than his managerial ability!

• Like 1