-3 = albatross

Had no idea about Condor

Yep, and then

+1 = Bogey 

+2 = Double Bogey 

+3 = Triple Bogey 

+4 = Stefani's Bogey

8 hours ago, dubbs said:

Watched a few video reviews.  Looks a bit easy tbh. One for the kids maybe?

It's called Everybody's Golf, it's literally for everybody. 

This game is pick up and play, but if you want to take it seriously and master every course you can. It's no golf simulator, but it's also not easy to the point where you don't have to try. 

Exactly. Granted I haven't played it much yet, but from what I've seen and read it's a typical arcadey game.

Really easy to begin with to enable you to pick it up and play it straight away and gradually gets harder and harder.

It's never going to be as realistic or as testing as Tiger Woods etc, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Those games got dull.

Edited by Stevo985

The lack of realism in some regards is definitely a good thing. It may be patched out, but I discovered that in an online open course, if you walk up to a few other stationary players (3+ works best), and then pop your cart, you will go flying in the opposite direction to where the people are stood, due to the collision detection. It's hilarious. Also, if you sprint (tapping square instead of holding it down) and then jump, you can travel obscene distances. It's like jumping on the moon :lol: There were also some people yesterday on top of the club house at Alpine. Not figured that one out myself yet though. Oh, and I was running on top of the lake too, which must have been pretty annoying to the people trying to fish :crylaugh:

I played my first official round on the Hawaiian course yesterday, can't remember what it's called - and it was an 18 hole tournament so got to do the whole thing. It's awesome, looks great, and is very challenging. It really tests you, with a few holes offering different approaches to the green - there's one where you can go under a huge natural arch to the left, or climb the hill to the right. Another has a tiny island as well as the regular fairway, which would require a perfect tee shot to reach, but if you landed it you'd set yourself up for an easier Albatross or Eagle opportunity. It unlocks at level 4, goodness knows what the courses beyond that are like.

Following on from when I mentioned some of the difficult trophy conditions, here are how to unlock the 'Secret' VS Characters. In spoilers in case anyone really doesn't want to know, but I haven't listed anything else about them. I've only done the first one so far, and it unlocked quite an interesting, yet useless (at the moment at least...?), feature. As such I'm very curious to see what else beating them unlocks

Spoiler

50 Birdies

100 Birdies

150 Birdies

20 Eagles

50 Eagles

5 Albatrosses

1 Condor

3 Condors

80 Tournaments played

120 Tournaments played

I've seen as well that if you complete the entire gallery of characters (the ones you play in SP tournaments) you unlock the Special Cart, which is even faster than the Premium. Huge amount of grinding to get that, though.

Edited by hogso

I have a golf game on my phone that I'm addicted to, and playing both that and Everybody's Golf is **** me up. 

The speed of the bar varies on both so when i go from one to the other I'm terrible for a few holes :)

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Set it up to play a couple of nights ago... 16 GB d/l took 6 hours though :(

This is something EG World Tour on PS3 was notorious for. On one hand it's good, cos all of the updates from Clap Hanz show they're going to keep adding / fixing stuff to the game - we'll almost certinaly get seasonal items and courses once we get near to christmas, for example. My PS3 didn't have a massive HDD at the time I was playing that version, and this almost filled it up with all the updates.

Starting to get the hang of some more advanced techniques now. I would urge anyone playing to practice with Homing/Rising shots and Superspin/Backspin as soon as they unlock, even if you don't really need to. Understanding how they work in practice is really useful, and can make a massive difference. For example, say you're teeing off at a Par 5 hole. You probably want as much distance as possible - so practice Superspin on those holes. It'll send the ball forwards a fair distance more. Likewise if you're teeing off on a Par 3, use Backspin to try and make the ball 'stick' the landing once you hit the green.

Also, don't be scared of attempting waterskips, especially from your tee shot - they're surprisingly easy to hit successfully with you 1W or 3W, as long as you have enough power!

Played my first Turf Wars yesterday too. Really good fun, I hit an eagle on the first hole I played and ended up as MVP :D

Just spent a few hours on this, first rank 2 boss (Ryoko?) beaten and I'm at level 7 or 8. Its a fantastic game. Well worth anyone's £25. Hell, I'd happily have paid full price for it. 

9 hours ago, dubbs said:

Maybe im missing something having only spent an hour on it but I just don't get the attraction yet. 

It's just fun.

If you like golf games then you'll love it.
If not then you probably won't.

14 hours ago, dubbs said:

Maybe im missing something having only spent an hour on it but I just don't get the attraction yet. 

I think it will develop and grow.  I spent maybe 2 hours or so playing it last night (enough time to get to Rank 2 and explore a little bit) and was worried that the repetitive nature of the game might become an issue.

But there's a lot to unlock.  You're unable to perform loads of shots right at the beginning ("unlocking" backspin, for example, as in the real world you'd need to hone your golfing technique before being able to pull this shot off) and the courses and AI opponents will undoubtedly get trickier.

I like it a lot - but the "nice shot!" and general character voices have led me to muting the game during rounds.

I'm at the Rank 4 boss 2 now. He unlocks fishing! Great. Except, there's an additional rule where it's +1 strokes if you hit the ball in to the rough (or semi-rough, as I discovered to my rage). This is on Konaloa Island with moderate wind, so is pretty tricky - it's the first VS character I haven't beaten first time. To make matters worse, it's match play rules. If it was stroke play I would have ruined him - he took 8 shots on one hole and 9 in another, due to repeatedly finding the drink with various shots. Then on a couple of other holes he miraculously hit eagle chip in's. I'll beat that old bastard today, mark my words.

• Like 1

My two favourite things:

"Quite Thrilling"!

&

The way after completing a hole your character, other golfers and all those in the gallery just start tear-arsing it off around the course like mad bastards :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hogso said:

I'm at the Rank 4 boss 2 now. He unlocks fishing! Great. Except, there's an additional rule where it's +1 strokes if you hit the ball in to the rough (or semi-rough, as I discovered to my rage). This is on Konaloa Island with moderate wind, so is pretty tricky - it's the first VS character I haven't beaten first time. To make matters worse, it's match play rules. If it was stroke play I would have ruined him - he took 8 shots on one hole and 9 in another, due to repeatedly finding the drink with various shots. Then on a couple of other holes he miraculously hit eagle chip in's. I'll beat that old bastard today, mark my words.

Tried this again earlier - declared game in my favour after 4 holes. It's a funny old game. 

Fishing is oddly addictive, but completely pointless, other than one trophy for getting everything.

It's an aspect of the game that they could do loads with if they wanted. Cart racing has got to be in there at some point. 

Some sort of shorter form of golf, or even crazy golf would be amazing! 

Â