Everybody's Golf

hogso

everybodys-golf-listing-thumb-01-ps4-us-

Playstation 4 exclusive arcade golf game, which also features fishing, golf carts, and the simple but hugely effective use of the golf courses acting as open world hubs for online play. 

It's the 6th mainline game in the series, all of which bar the first game have been developed by Clap Hanz - who have only ever developed either Everybody's Golf or Tennis games. 

In the 20 years since the first game they've refined the game play to a point which is now at it's absolute pinnacle. It's incredibly easy to pick up and play, but, like the best games, demands time to master. 

For anyone looking to pick it up, it does require a kinda tenuous intro, and it's all very twee, but if you try to put that to one side it's a blast. I haven't played too much so far, but there does appear to be lots of locked content - such as courses that must be unlocked before you can play them online. 

The character creation tool is neet, and although the graphics are no where near top drawer on the platform they work as well as they need to. 

It's so not a full price release and can be picked up for £25 now  having been released in the US yesterday, Europe today, and Japan tomorrow - although I saw lots of Japanese players online earlier. 

I'd definitely recommend it. The devs have a track record of constantly updating the game, and with this one having such an online presence, that's sure to continue. 

In short, it'll be great fun on the coach or online - and there are competitive and team modes. 

I had the Tennis game on PSP, great fun.

I spent a few hours on this last night, and it is great fun - but it seems a bit harsh to pretty much force you to play the single player to unlock stuff for the online. If it was just cosmetic stuff for your char I'd have no issue, but whole courses and additional game modes will probably annoy some people at the thought of spending a good few hours obtaining them before you can play them with your mates.

It's still terrific fun though. I'm rank 2 now so have the first and second courses (plus the 20th anniverary course from the DLC). Can't ride the buggys or fish yet, but I'm determined to unlock them, then I can properly dive in to the online.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

We need to get some VT rounds going. Especially if @Stevo985 gets it too :D

You played much yet?

I've created a green skinned fish faced char. To say I stand out on the course is putting it mildly.

This is so addictive. You could, but I don't really see how you could play just one 9 hole course/tournament/VS. I just want to play and play and play. Looking forward to X factor so I can whack this on and leave the girly to it for a few hours.

That's what was called 'advance' controls in World Tour on the PS3 - not sure if it was in the Vita version too. But no, the controls in this are the 'traditional' three press system - one X the start the power bar, another to set the power, a third to hit it.

It's intuitive enough to be able to use instantly, yet takes some practice to hit perfects most of the time. 

For those playing, do the daily challenge bonus course everyday - lots of coins to be had for relatively little work if you get a decent ranking in the 'rivals' list. I only came 3rd and got 600 or something. 

Turf War is the team based online game, I guess you can invite friends to be on the same team.

Some of the trophy requirements for this are pretty crazy. One is a Condor in an official game, ie. one hole in 4 under par = a par five hole in one! I've seen a video of it, so it is possible, just requires a lot of skill (water skipping) and a bit of luck!

I didn't even know they had a name for 4 under par. I assumed it just went down as a "hole in one" if it ever happened.

As in, if you get a hole in one on a par 3 it's not usually referred to as an Eagle.

Â