SHA vs Villa: Discussion Thread

Jez

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just play Ashley, don't look for the whistles.

Pretty good half from us there, we didn't play silky smooth football but managed to carve some chances, and I don't think the bluescum had even one semi decent attempt at goal? At least I don't remember any.

I love the way he just jumps on the ball!!! He is definitely on top of his game today!! I hope Young scores a couple of times in 2nd half--he definitely deserves it the way he is playing today!!

Thank you Ridgewell 1-nil Villa!!!!! :)

Well... what can i say

1st 10 and i was thinking oh shit!!! but as the first half progress the more confident i felt

Liam Rigdewell :crylaugh: brilliant!!!

Young is getting a shit load of space on the left! but needs to be abit more productive

Carew and Gabby doing well at holding the ball up front.

ermmm fairly pleased so far... room for improvement but we tend to play better seconds half

I'm sure Bruce will be moaning about the penalty calms. The hand ball would have been harsh... seconds one, yeah... there was contact but De Ridder made a meal of it

Long way to go, this one.

Nice work by Ridgewell. I'm sure that'll make the small heath fans fall in love with him even more.

When either side gets the ball on the floor and plays it, then they look the better team. Both teams scared of each other.

Not a chance that it was a penalty. the touch he got on the player did not impede the de ridder. De Ridder could have skipped over and taken it on, but played for the penalty.

Gardner for Petrov I reckon.

Why? Petrov is playing really rather well, so why sub him? If anyone should be subbed it would have to be NRC, who's struggling a bit on the ball. I wouldn't make any changes at the break, though.

We're marginally the better side, and if we can speed up a notch we should take the three points from this one.

Gotta say my heart dropped a little when I saw it was Ridgey who put the ball in. Poor bugger.

We are bossing the midfield and they don't seem to have much clue in our half of the pitch. If we keep it nice and tight at the back (you listening Zat?) we will win this, and if Gabby and Carew can settle together a bit more we will win it well.

I have an inkling Petrov is close to a goal. Let's have it Stanny-boy!!